• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

~ Greetings Pilgrims!

Porota

~ I want to introduce myself before starting the Camino the first week of September, 2011.
My name is Verónica and have postponed my pilgrimage for four years for many reasons, most of them beyond my control. I have read many articles, opinions, posts; I have watched video clips on Youtube for the past six months and have asked for advice. The best advice (from a post) was, "Just Start". That was what I needed most. So, I am starting my walk in seven days!!!

I have also decided to listen to advice regarding what to take with me, but most of all, what NOT to take with me! I don't know where this journey will take me. I don't know what will happen on the way but I do know that I am ready. I am going to travel light. I am bringing with me an open mind, an open heart and the passion to meet all those souls that GOD will send my way.

I wish you all, past, present and future pilgrims a blessed and meaningful Camino. May God walk with you, hear your prayers, cure your aches and bring you home safe, sound and ready to make positive changes in your life.

Namaste!

Verónica aka Porota :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
A lovely post Veronica. You are in the zone ok. The Camino awaits you and have a great journey. Myself and my daughter start in eight days, so we might very well cross paths. Buen Camino....Jimmy

Jimmy C. said:
A lovely post Veronica. You are in the zone ok. The Camino awaits you and have a great journey. Myself and my daughter start in eight days, so we might very well cross paths. Buen Camino....Jimmy

~ Thank you Jimmy for your response. Buen camino to you and your daughter; God willing we will cross paths in Spain. --- Veronica :)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Dear Veronica,
Success at last. Will be looking forward to reading about your camino. God bless you and watch over you,
Sharon

Porota said:
I wish you all, past, present and future pilgrims a blessed and meaningful Camino. May God walk with you, hear your prayers, cure your aches and bring you home safe, sound and ready to make positive changes in your life.

What a lovely blessing this is, Verónica! Thank you. As you wish for us so I wish for you. We will be starting the Camino on Sep 3 from Sevilla. You will undoubtedly reach Santiago way before we do.

Blessings on your journey... I would like to say more but all I can come up with is a huge grin on my face thinking of all the delightful surprises you will meet on the way...

Namaste indeed.

claire

Hi Veronica,
You have given us a beautiful post, which sums up exactly what all pilgrims should be doing and feeling when you start - a light pack, and an open mind and heart. I am sure you will meet many wonderful people along your Camino. I also am starting next week, but from Pau, so will be about a week behind you by the time I reach Puenta la Reina. I hope we meet, because I am intrigued by your use of 'Namaste', a Hindu greeting. Buen Camino. David

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
sharon w said:
Dear Veronica,
Success at last. Will be looking forward to reading about your camino. God bless you and watch over you,
Sharon

Hola Sharon ~

Yes, I found my way to posting messages!! Now I just need to figure out how to post my profile picture and start a blog. .... I am not giving up. :D

Thank you for your blessing Sharon, it means a lot to my soul.

Veronica

camino-david said:
Hi Veronica,
You have given us a beautiful post, which sums up exactly what all pilgrims should be doing and feeling when you start - a light pack, and an open mind and heart. I am sure you will meet many wonderful people along your Camino. I also am starting next week, but from Pau, so will be about a week behind you by the time I reach Puenta la Reina. I hope we meet, because I am intrigued by your use of 'Namaste', a Hindu greeting. Buen Camino. David

Namaste David ~

I have traveled to Toronto and New York since 2009 following a wonderful guru from Punjab by the name of Baba Ji. He has made a tremendous difference in my life by his simple but profound words about God, love and some directly made to me. I am learning and trying to follow the path that was set for me long ago but I neglected to understand it then.

I am sure we will meet on the Camino; I'll be listening to the silence and walking slow.

God bless you -

Veronica

grilly said:
Porota said:

What a lovely blessing this is, Verónica! Thank you. As you wish for us so I wish for you. We will be starting the Camino on Sep 3 from Sevilla. You will undoubtedly reach Santiago way before we do.

Blessings on your journey... I would like to say more but all I can come up with is a huge grin on my face thinking of all the delightful surprises you will meet on the way...

Namaste indeed.

claire

Namaste Claire,

I receive your blessings with open arms and a happy heart. I know the Camino brings us closer to other souls and spirits but it seems that it is already happening!

God bless you Clare. I'll see you on the way ---

Veronica

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
hi there Veronica, i will be walking a little behind you.
i leave st jean on 6th september.

just wondered how u got your pack light? i can't get mine below 10 1/2 kilos (without water) any suggestions?

regards juju

jujuaway said:
hi there Veronica, i will be walking a little behind you.
i leave st jean on 6th september.

just wondered how u got your pack light? i can't get mine below 10 1/2 kilos (without water) any suggestions?

regards juju

Namaste Juju ~

First of all, I am traveling with the idea that el Camino will provide for my well being. I am stepping out of my comfort zone by leaving hand creams, face creams, cotton clothing (too heavy), big bottles of shampoo, etc. at home. I am traveling with two pair of --- pants, T-shirts, fleece, underwear ( :), socks, etc. My clothing as well as towel are all very light weight, in fact even my sleeping bag weights 1lb 2oz. (which is a little over 1/2 kilo). I am also limiting bottles to 3-4 oz. max. If I ran out of shampoo; I could buy from somebody willing to sell 3oz of shampoo.

Juju, we always carry too much weight in our "back pack". I am talking about life in general. We become "normal" because being "different" is not acceptable so we over pack, burden ourselves with too much, too little... in order to be accepted by society and not deemed "weird".

You already started the Camino; packing light and letting go of what you think you may need is the first step you will take.

That is what I am doing but that is MY truth; it does not have to be yours. You may need the 10 1/2 kilos to start but the Camino will teach you otherwise. Do what feels right for you right now but we willing to learn new ways.....

I am flying out of Washington, DC on Sept. 3rd and hoping to get to St. Jean by the 5th. I may start on the 5th or the 6th. My agenda is completely open. I know when I am arriving and departing Spain but what everything in between will be up to God and his will.

Who knows, we may meet in St. Jean!! :)

Veronica

Thank you for your kind words Veronica, I appreciate your advice and no, i just can't let go of anything at this stage.... but am open to sending things back by post or passing them on.
Despite taking a chux, instead of a travel towel and using one small bar of shampoo for hair, body and clothes... i'm still at 10 1/2.
i think the gortex jacket and gaitors are the culprits but considered essential at this time. No make up, just a moisturiser. Maybe 3 tshirts and one travel shirt + 1 marino long sleeved thin + a 220 gram fleece is too much... i am sleeping in one of the t-shirts.
Tonight i am going to go thru everything again...... my water bottle weighs 200 grams without water!!
oh it is so good to be alive and to have such high order concerns!!!!

2 more sleeps to go!!
it sounds like there will be a few people from the forum on the trail around this time. I look forward to meeting some of you.
regards juju

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
jujuaway said:
Thank you for your kind words Veronica, I appreciate your advice and no, i just can't let go of anything at this stage.... but am open to sending things back by post or passing them on.
Despite taking a chux, instead of a travel towel and using one small bar of shampoo for hair, body and clothes... i'm still at 10 1/2.
i think the gortex jacket and gaitors are the culprits but considered essential at this time. No make up, just a moisturiser. Maybe 3 tshirts and one travel shirt + 1 marino long sleeved thin + a 220 gram fleece is too much... i am sleeping in one of the t-shirts.
Tonight i am going to go thru everything again...... my water bottle weighs 200 grams without water!!
oh it is so good to be alive and to have such high order concerns!!!!

2 more sleeps to go!!
it sounds like there will be a few people from the forum on the trail around this time. I look forward to meeting some of you.
regards juju

Great to hear from you Juju,

By all means, give the 10 1/2 a try and as you said, if it too much you can always pass them along or send them back. The most important thing is for you to "start". Everything else will be up to the Camino to help you decide.

Be well and hope to keep in touch with you! :)

Veronica

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim
Hello, Planning Sarria to Campostela mid Sept, 2024. Both wife and I are 71 years old and from America. Will fly from Paris to Campostela. We are pretty active and estimate 10-13 miles per day OK...
I have been planning my upcoming Camino using the Wise Pilgrim Frances app. Unfortunately, it has stalled at Burgos and will not give me any information beyond that city. I have tried...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
Hi we are walking from Puebla De Sanabria to Terroso tomorrow and given the downpours we have had today, I wondered if anyone had any updates???
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.