• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Guide for Malaga to Merida

nalod

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2011, Finnesterre 2011,Le Puy to SJPDP 2011& 2012,Via de la Plata,Sambrasa 2012, Mozarabe 2013, Portugees 2013.PartNorde 2011, VDPL 2014,St-Guilhem 2014.Espalion-Roncesvalles 2014.Levante2015
Hello. I have walked the Camino Mozarabe from Granda last year and the Via de la Plata from Seville the year before. I will be in Malaga shortly and would like to start there and walk for around 8 days. I have checked all the links in this forum and essentially they lead to a blind alley (error messages etc). I have also written to the Malaga association and have not got a reply. I will be in Malaga in early to mid Feb has anyone got a link to route details. I could go to Seville and do 8 days on Via de la Plata but new ground might be interesting.

I do understand that like the Granada route I would have to use Hostals and not Albergues and that I will meet no other Pilgrims.

Any help would be appreciated.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi @nalod,

I originally wanted to do the Mozarabe from Granada but didn't fancy the prospect of being 100% alone for 16 days so decided to switch to the Vía de la Plata which is known territory for me (summer 2011). Of course I may still be alone but expect to see a few other souls.

I arrive in Sevilla Monday Feb 10th and will set off the following day. So are you sticking with Malaga? Curious to hear how that route is as well as the one from Cádiz.

The Mozarabe is still on my wish list but would prefer to do it in the summer.

Cheers,
LT

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thank you all so much, this is a terrific response. After I have digested all the information I will post again.

Regards Nalod

Hello, I have read most of the information that you all gave me. The pdf document in English is very good. It refers to Hostals and I crossed checked with another site. The question I would like to know has anyone walked this recently, will the hostals be open in early to mid Feb.When they refer to the term Hostal what do they mean. I have hardly any Spanish so if staying in homes I would have a problem. Undecided as whether to do Via de la Plata or Malga. I walked Granada route last year so I would just walk as far as Baena.

Regards and thank you all for help so far.

Nalod

Now decided to the Via de la Plata.

Regards

Nalod

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hello LTfit. I will arrive Tue eve 11th in Seville, yet to decide to stay 1 or 2 nights, but will finish in Merida.
Regards
Nalod (Just in case you see me I am an Irish male 6ft tall, you might recognize the feet.)

At 6ft tall and the size of your feet you just may just pass me somewhere along the line;).
I'll start from Sevilla Tueday morning. Watch out for a forum patch on a ochre coloured Osprey pack unless of course it is hidden under a large green poncho!
Buen Camino.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

I've just completed the Camino Mozarabe from Almeria. My first Camino was the Camino Frances from SJPDP in October 2021. I don't have a trip report as such. I know people who trip on mushrooms...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back