• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

my father is found

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian v

Time of past OR future Camino
My father is on the trail oct 17
My father howard valdez has had phone problems since oct 4th 2017 leaving us with no communication since that date. I just learned about the fires. He was supposed to be finishing right around today oct 20 2017. With that being said as far as I can see that puts his steps in the fires area earlier this week. I jave attached some photos of my father. Has anyone seen him and have any info. Maybe you have and can reach out for him being he has no phone as far as I know. Thanks in advance. Thoughts and prayers for everyone affected. Screenshot_2017-10-19-18-08-03.png Screenshot_2017-10-19-18-06-57.png

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Anyone who sees Brian's father, could they ask him to please contact his son, who is concerned about him. @brian v - which route was he on, and do you want to give us at least a first name? It might help. For your comfort, as far as we know all pilgrims are safe.

Anyone who sees Brian's father, could they ask him to please contact his son, who is concerned about him. @brian v - which route was he on, and do you want to give us at least a first name? It might help. For your comfort, as far as we know all pilgrims are safe.
His name is howard he is supposed to be in compastela today give or take a couple days. His phone is having problems and we havent had communication since the 4th of october. That is a little reassuring thank you. Thanks for your quick response as well.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The fires are no longer a problem in Galicia.. the weather has changed and it has been raining the last few days. I have talked to pilgrims that have walked into Santiago over the last few days, and the fires were not a problem.

If he has no phone, then it might be difficult for him to get in touch. I hope he will now once he is done.

All the best!
Ivar

Do you know where he was scheduled to stay once he arrived in Santiago? If so, contact the hotel, hostel etc...

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
I recognize the man in the photo although I can't tell you the last time I saw him. Within the last few days for sure (not including today, I left Santiago this am).

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I'm friends with Brian's sister. His flight was due in last night. The flight arrived, Howard didn't. Can anyone say when the last time they saw Howard was?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
So glad Howard made it home safely. I got particularly concerned when reading he was not on his scheduled flight back home.

This incident shows us how much cells phones have changed the Camino. While they may help put nervous family members at ease because the walker can check in periodically, when they stop working people get very nervous, alert the authorities, etc.

With WIFI available just about everywhere, and smart phones being carried by a large number of walkers, if you all of a sudden are not able to check in with your own phone, please borrow one to send an email, post on Facebook and let your family members what is going on and that you may not be back in touch until ... (you buy a new pone in large town, find another one to borrow, or until you get off the plane back at home, you decide).

Another on for the guidbooks and Camino Etiquette rules?

That link says "The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may be broken or expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.", but I do hope he has made it home safely.

Interesting... It just worked for me. Perhaps you need to be a member of the page to view it?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
That link says "The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may be broken or expired, or you may not have permission to view this page."
Interesting... It just worked for me. Perhaps you need to be a member of the page to view it?
You might need to be logged into a Facebook account, although not need to be friends or members of that page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi Caminantes, My wife and I are leaving for Madrid from Brisbane - AU on May 4th to walk the Frances. We are flying with Qatar. I am a bit worried that if I check in my backpacks, they have a...
Hi all, Im walking my first Camino in April (CF) and was wondering if it would be likely for me to encounter leeches? I know for most people leeches are not a big deal but they are in plague...
In past years, when we walked from Samos to Sarria, there was simply a yellow arrow that went off to the right of the highway, up a hill, past a pig farm then a sharp left turn at a small church...
Are you also interested to know the reasons why other fellow pilgrims choose to walk El Camino? Please participate in the poll!
Several local websites have reported a small earthquake this afternoon with an epicentre in the Sarria area. Apparently felt quite strongly locally but with little likelihood of property damage...
Hello!! I am a retired Spanish gentleman living in Madrid. My name is Jose and I would like to do the Camino de Santiago again!!! But this time I would like to walk and improve my English Level...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back