• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

head back to Madrid

walkmag

Time of past OR future Camino
leon to Santiago (2006),
SJDP to Santiago (2009)
Porto to Santiago (2010)
Minturno to Rome (2012)
Siena to Rome (2012),
Fidenza to Siena (2013)
Lausanne to Fidenza (2014)
Bilbao to Ribadeo Sept (2015)
CMD Maybe (Sept 2016)
Hi I am planning to walk Del Norte for aprox 3 weeks starting from Bilbao in Sept. After that we need to start making our to Madrid for Departure flight.

Based on a daily walking distance of aprox 20km .
what are some of the suitable towns on the Del Norte that would have train ,bus or airport options .?
This is a bit vague just taking a chance that some one has this knowledge.

regards to all.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Why start in Bilbao? Some of the most beautiful scenary is the part before. Based on Eroski's etapas which are about 20km on average, it would take you 20 days to get to Oviedo. You can just fly to Madrid from there, or take a bus or taxi.

But if you really want to walk from Bilbao, I supose you can always bus back to Oviedo. Or bus or train yourself to Ferrol or A Coruna.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Why start in Bilbao? Some of the most beautiful scenary is the part before. Based on Eroski's etapas which are about 20km on average, it would take you 20 days to get to Oviedo. You can just fly to Madrid from there, or take a bus or taxi.

But if you really want to walk from Bilbao, I supose you can always bus back to Oviedo. Or bus or train yourself to Ferrol or A Coruna.
I need to ask how many days would it take to walking to Santiago estimating 25 ks a day.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

o. Or bus or train yourself to Ferrol or A Coruna.

thnx Aneomone
I am feeling a bit lazy so avoiding a few of the hills between Irun And Bilbao. :)
I am now a big fan of Eroski lots of information that is comprehensible even with out spanish language skills

walkmag

thnx Aneomone
I am feeling a bit lazy so avoiding a few of the hills between Irun And Bilbao. :)
I am now a big fan of Eroski lots of information that is comprehensible even with out spanish language skills

walkmag
there is no shame in avoiding big hills, always remember it's your Camino and it has to also serve your purpose...Buen Camino, my friends and I are leaving Irun sometime around July 25..just in case you are out and about that time say hello...Paolo, Steven and Niel.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
there is no shame in avoiding big hills, always remember it's your Camino and it has to also serve your purpose...Buen Camino, my friends and I are leaving Irun sometime around July 25..just in case you are out and about that time say hello...Paolo, Steven and Niel.
There are no big hills on that route, just some hills.

thnx Aneomone

walkmag
Walkgmag, I flew into Barcelona, and took a train to Donostia, so,I missed the apparently difficult day in. The rest I did walk, and it's,fine, anf even if you found it difficult, the views, and food, woud offset the difficulty. Consider it.it is beautiful.

is it gronze or Eroski bit confused :)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Based on a daily walking distance of aprox 20km .
what are some of the suitable towns on the Del Norte that would have train ,bus or airport options .?

Gijón would be your main bet. It has direct buses to Madrid as well as direct trains to Madrid and Asturias airport is nearby and has direct flights to Madrid. Out of Avilés you can find some direct bus to Madrid too but much less frequent than out of Gijón.

If you go further than Gijón (or Avilés), your best bet to go to Madrid would probably be to backtrack till either Gijón or Oviedo to take a bus or train back to Madrid.

Most read last week in this forum

I use Alltrails a lot here in the US, in Iceland, on the Via Podiensis and a bit on the CF. Will it be useful on the Norte? For example, people here say the "warm up" from Biarritz to Irun (or...
Last May I walked the first part of the Norte in the opposite direction, from Santander to Irun. Since I only had two weeks and couldn't reach Santiago anyway, I wanted to swim against the tide...
Tomorrow I fly to Bilbao to start my 5th stint on the Camino. I did the Frances in three parts (2016, 2017 and 2022). Last year I did the Portuguese from Porto. I did the first 200 km of the...
I thought I had this all figured out, but I have ended up with 2 train tickets from San Sebastian (I don't even know if it's the airport or the town) to Irun, instead of ONE that goes all the way...
Hi! I’m a Camino newbie planning on walking Camino del Norte this May-June. I have previous hiking experience and do well on longer distances and so on, but not any super recent multi day long...
I’m on day 2 of the CDN and I’m just blown away by the views. Day 1 Irun to San Sebastián, day 2 San Sebastián to Askizu Buen Camino

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back