• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hello and Thank You

BrianNj

Time of past OR future Camino
Fall 2018
I just joined the forum. My fiancee and I will be leaving SJPdP on 8/29. While the Camino is something I have always had in the back of my mind, it was only two weeks ago that a window opened up where I could get away for the time needed.

First, thank you to this community, for everything. The information is so valuable and appreciated. Thank you to those running this as well.

I wish that we had more time to prepare, but I believe we will be ok and I thank you all a lot for the help that this site provides making it all possible.

Brian

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi,

you'll be leaving two days earlier than me from SJPDP ;-).

I only decided to walk the Camino Frances three weeks ago. I had planned to walk the CP, but there was an unexpected incident , which makes it now possible for me to prolang my stay, so I'm going to walk the CF.

Like you, I want to say muchas gracias to all of those members who spend their time, to write on so many different issues concerning the Camion. I've found this forum such a huge fountain of valuable information.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi,

you'll be leaving two days earlier than me from SJPDP ;-).

I only decided to walk the Camino Frances three weeks ago. I had planned to walk the CP, but there was an unexpected incident , which makes it now possible for me to prolang my stay, so I'm going to walk the CF.

Like you, I want to say muchas gracias to all of those members who spend their time, to write on so many different issues concerning the Camion. I've found this forum such a huge fountain of valuable information.

Maybe we will run into each other. I have no expectations for pace for myself, especially in the first few days. Buen Camino!

Would be nice, if we'd run into each other. But concerning pace I'm going to be surly part of the tortoise-clan ;) which I don't mind, because now I've sufficient time to enjoy the Camino. Wish you too Buen Camino!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Yes, we are. I am terrified and excited lol. Very much looking forward to it.
I think most people have thoughts of 'What have I done?? Why did I think this was a good idea???' before you begin the walk (and the first few days from St.Jean), but breathe deeply and know it is what you want to do. After four or five days on the Camino, you will settle into a rhythm and the routines will be familiar and you will relax and enjoy the experience. Every day is the same, but different...and often very wonderful.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Yes, you'll be allright. No need to prepare for it too long in advance.
A lot of pilgrims just start walking without training for it.

It might seem like a huge undertaking, but just take it one step at a time.
Remember:

Everything is in walking distance ...
if you take the time

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings to all. I posted a few days ago stating that I will begin my first Camino in St. Jean-pied-de-Port on 29 August and that I will take it slow and steady to Santiago de Compostela...
Hi all, last year I done the camino portuguese with my two daughters last year but this year I'm doing the camino frances solo. I fly into Bizarrtz on 26th July and plan to start the following...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
As a new member of the forum who has been reading clandestinely for the past three months or so, I have to say how much I enjoy the entries--not simply for the collective wisdom from all of you...
I am looking for people who want to walk the camino del norte in may 2025 - starting from Irun, Bilbao or another place. Nice to hear from you.
Taking my youngest daughter on a short section from Astorga to Santiago starting June 9... Please pray for us!!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.