• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

LIVE from the Camino Hello from Roncesvalles

Lora

Hi everyone

Just arrived, having stayed at Orrison last night. Yesterday was beautiful, sunny and warm, and the views were breathtaking. Today, the weather was not so nice, very windy, rain, mud, fog.

Made it here in just over 4 hours, the weather was so bad, that I needed to keep moving just to keep warm. I went the Napolean route, and found it to be very well marked, and not nearly as hard as I had feared.

Have had my shower and am feeling much better, having a wonderful time. There are many, many people on the trail right now, a big line up at the pilgrim office in SJPP, and two empty tour buses in the parking lot here.

Out of computer time, gotta run.

Lora :arrow:

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Great to hear from u, Lora, and that someone has actually reported staying in the "mythical + inaccessible" Orisson! Buen Camino, xm 8)

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Made it to Cizur Minor, much better walking today, not near as much mud. So far rain every day except the first, hiking boots, walking stick and rain gear are a must.

Got lost in Pamplona. Lots of room in all the alberques, even though I have been arriving mostly after 3pm.

Today, can´t remember why I wanted to do this....

More later.

Lora

Get enough rest tonight, Lora! Tomorrow you climb the Alto del Perdon. I´m sorry it started raining again. It´s definitely a lot more fun to walk when it´s sunny!

dg

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Cizur Menor was great, loved it.

The climb to the top of tomorrow's hill is ok, but the downhill I hated. Be careful of those knees!

I must agree with Minkey this time; the climb is easy but the descent is hell, glad I had my trusty walking sticks. :lol:

When I was there an elderly german lady was JOGGING down while most of us were laboring like mad... :cry:

Minkey:
Cizur Menor was great, loved it. The climb to the top of tomorrow's hill is ok, but the downhill I hated. Be careful of those knees!
Did u read my mind there? Ditto to all, buddy! Best, xm 8)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum