Hello, Introduction and questions

walkinman

Oct 13, 2006
USA
Visit site
Hello and greetings. I have been considering a pilgrimage (French route) and just found out that it looks like my leave request for 1 month will get approved. Planning on doing the pilgrimage durring the month of July and am wondering if aprox. 30 days is enough time if I start in Roncesvalles? Also, what is the best way of getting to Roncesvalles? A flight to Paris and a train ride? Madrid and a train? Any opinions on this would be greatly appreciated! What about once I reach Santiago? Is a train ride back to Madrid expensive?
Thanks.....D

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

katy06

Jun 16, 2006
Visit site
Buen Camino Peregrino!

Biarritz and then coach to BAyonne and a breathtakingly beautiful train journey to St Jean Pied du Port wd be the correct French route ( although some walk from le Puy and some, even from Paris- Notre Dame..)..

Also, thirty days is fine althoughi it wd help to keep two days extra just in case you want to take a break..

All I can say is that walikng that route a peregrino is a wonderful feeling- that will remain long after the pilgrimage..
Buen Camino!

bjorgts

Jan 2, 2006
Western Norway
Time of past OR future Camino
In Spain, France, Portugal, Germany since 2003
If you look around a bit on this forum, you will find advices of where and how to go. Madrid can be a good place to come by plane, if you want to start in Ronsevalles. If you only consider train, be aware that Spain has a very good long-distance bus system, and its often cheaper than train. You can go from Madrid to Pamplona, for example. Have a look at http://www.movelia.es. Good luck!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings to all. I posted a few days ago stating that I will begin my first Camino in St. Jean-pied-de-Port on 29 August and that I will take it slow and steady to Santiago de Compostela...
Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
Hi all, last year I done the camino portuguese with my two daughters last year but this year I'm doing the camino frances solo. I fly into Bizarrtz on 26th July and plan to start the following...
Hello, I am looking for contact to friend/pillgrim Ignacio from Argentina. He started Camino sanabrese from Ourense 14.may and finished 20.may in Santiago. If you know him, please contact me.
As a new member of the forum who has been reading clandestinely for the past three months or so, I have to say how much I enjoy the entries--not simply for the collective wisdom from all of you...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.