• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hello! Newbie here!

magnet77

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Ingles 2024
Hello everyone! My name is Maggie, I'm from Monterey, California, USA. I'll be walking my first Camino, the Camino Inglés, starting on 21 May 2024, along with my husband, and my 75 year-old mother. My husband and I are not new to long-distance trails, having previously walked the Rota Vicentina in Portugal, the John Muir way in Scotland, and the South Island section of the Te Araroa trek in New Zealand. My mother was inspired by our travels, and has always wanted to visit Spain, so this year we're taking her with us to experience the Camino.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Maggie
You're going to have a blast! Our family has walked with my father-in-law (the kids' Grandpa) a few times, most recently as he was approaching 90. These are very special memories now that his mobility has suddenly diminished in the last two years. But he will be my biggest supporter cheering from the sidelines, commenting on the blog, as I head out for a solo camino in a month!
One thing we found to be important was to surreptitiously let Grandpa set the pace. Of course, it never mattered how far ahead of us he got, he still always complained that we walked too fast lol

Hi Maggie
You're going to have a blast! Our family has walked with my father-in-law (the kids' Grandpa) a few times, most recently as he was approaching 90. These are very special memories now that his mobility has suddenly diminished in the last two years. But he will be my biggest supporter cheering from the sidelines, commenting on the blog, as I head out for a solo camino in a month!
One thing we found to be important was to surreptitiously let Grandpa set the pace. Of course, it never mattered how far ahead of us he got, he still always complained that we walked too fast lol
What wonderful memories! Thanks for sharing! I'm looking forward to experiencing the Camino with my mom. She started training for the Camino as soon as I booked the flights to Spain. My husband and I will let her set the pace. If it was just my husband and I, we'd probably complete the trail in 4-5 days, but with my mom, we're planning on 7-8 days.

Buen Camino!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hello everyone! My name is Maggie, I'm from Monterey, California, USA. I'll be walking my first Camino, the Camino Inglés, starting on 21 May 2024, along with my husband, and my 75 year-old mother. My husband and I are not new to long-distance trails, having previously walked the Rota Vicentina in Portugal, the John Muir way in Scotland, and the South Island section of the Te Araroa trek in New Zealand. My mother was inspired by our travels, and has always wanted to visit Spain, so this year we're taking her with us to experience the Camino.
Hi Maggie, Caminos are a great place to make memories for people of all ages and fitness levels.
I may see you all on the trail, as I'm starting the Ingles from Ferrol on the 24th May. 😄
Safe travels 🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️ and Buen Camino

Hi Maggie, Caminos are a great place to make memories for people of all ages and fitness levels.
I may see you all on the trail, as I'm starting the Ingles from Ferrol on the 24th May. 😄
Safe travels 🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️ and Buen Camino
Wonderful! Buen Camino!

Maggie - You are going to have a blast! We may run into each other, as I begin from Ferrol on the 23rd of May. Buen Camino! :)

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back