• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hi all

Wren

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances May 2019
Thought it might be good idea to come and find out a bit more about the Camino. I will be walking from Sarria May 2019 along with 2 friends, and it will be the first Camino for all of us. Really looking forward to it, although also a bit nervous, but then I suppose most people are first time. Anyway I am Wren, would love to take a bit longer to do a more leisurely walk, but sadly we are all on limited time away from respective work commitments.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thank you! Really hoping we make it without any mishaps! I will be 59, my Australian friend will be 65, and our youngest member is eal 40s! We are all pretty fit as far as walking goes, I am used to walking miles every day from care work, don't do that any more, but I do walk my dog at least twice a day, and am increasing those distances so that I can get the feet and legs back to being used to more than a quick yomp! Am looking forward to meeting others on the route as well, we are going as a Guided Tour for this trip, thought it might be safer, but you never know what we might do next :)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Lovely to hear from you and welcome. My friend and I are walking our first Camino (Frances) in Sept. 2019 from SJPdP to SdC hopefully on to Finisterre. We are both in our 60s. The folks on this site are awesome - full of encouragement but with a good measure of sound advice from personal experience. I have learned so much already and will be eternally grateful for their support. We are both from Australia. I Hope you will post about your experiences when you return. Buen Camino!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thought it might be good idea to come and find out a bit more about the Camino. I will be walking from Sarria May 2019 along with 2 friends, and it will be the first Camino for all of us. Really looking forward to it, although also a bit nervous, but then I suppose most people are first time. Anyway I am Wren, would love to take a bit longer to do a more leisurely walk, but sadly we are all on limited time away from respective work commitments.

Buen Camino Wren!
My husband and I had planned on going at the same time but family events are making us push it out into September (we will be 67 and 72 by then!). We are able and planning to take our time doing the Camino Frances, God willing. I am already trying to get in shape although it is quite hit and miss, sadly. I think that being on this site is so helpful though with all the information and options shared. So grateful to all.

Thank you! Really hoping we make it without any mishaps! I will be 59, my Australian friend will be 65, and our youngest member is eal 40s! We are all pretty fit as far as walking goes, I am used to walking miles every day from care work, don't do that any more, but I do walk my dog at least twice a day, and am increasing those distances so that I can get the feet and legs back to being used to more than a quick yomp! Am looking forward to meeting others on the route as well, we are going as a Guided Tour for this trip, thought it might be safer, but you never know what we might do next :)

Welcome! Going with a tour group can be reassuring onyour first Camino! You are 59 years young! Even though going as a group, walk your own pace each day...what is comfortable for you. This will make your trip most enjoyable! Buen Camino

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thank you all!
NanaEL such a shame your Camino is put back a little, but I'm sure you will get there and enjoy it! As for getting in shape, I think that as long as you have no serious health concerns, you will be fine. I have heard people who have trained every day for ages, and those who have not done a thing have all made it.

I think the advice Marbe has given is grand, go your own pace, as for going with a tour group, our tour consists of just the thee of us, so we will be able to support and help each other as well. We also really hope to make lots of new friends on the way too.

I have alrrady found out SO much from this forum, it really is a priceless resource.

Lovely to hear from you and welcome. My friend and I are walking our first Camino (Frances) in Sept. 2019 from SJPdP to SdC hopefully on to Finisterre. We are both in our 60s. The folks on this site are awesome - full of encouragement but with a good measure of sound advice from personal experience. I have learned so much already and will be eternally grateful for their support. We are both from Australia. I Hope you will post about your experiences when you return. Buen Camino!
Oh yes we surely will be posting about pour Camino, more than likely we will blog as we go as well, as soon as we have that sorted, happy to let anyone interested know where to find it!

Really helpful and supportive people here, and yes, superb advice from those who knpw. Buen Camino to you guys when you go, hope to hear about yours too. :)

What tour group are you using?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
What tour group are you using?
We are booked with Camino Ways, they have been really helpful, cost is reasonable compared to others, and we don't need to worry about airport transfers either. :)

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
Hi all, last year I done the camino portuguese with my two daughters last year but this year I'm doing the camino frances solo. I fly into Bizarrtz on 26th July and plan to start the following...
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...
As a new member of the forum who has been reading clandestinely for the past three months or so, I have to say how much I enjoy the entries--not simply for the collective wisdom from all of you...
Taking my youngest daughter on a short section from Astorga to Santiago starting June 9... Please pray for us!!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.