• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hi everyone and see if there are companions

zimo

Time of past OR future Camino
2023.11.9-12.8 SJPP-Santiago
Hi everyone, I'm Zimo from China. I plan to start my Camino for the first time on November 9th, the Camino Frances.
It's a pleasure to meet everyone and learn so much information and advice in the forums, feels like a warm family. Besides, I know that there will be fewer people on the way in winter, so I'll send a message first to see if I'm lucky. Also, after I arrived in Pamplona, I wanted to see if anyone wanted to share a ride together to start the journey in SJPP, because the Alsa bus had already closed.
Here is the detail:
9th November China-Madrid-Pamplona. long-distance travel, maybe arrive at 18:30, plan to live for 1 night.
10th November Pamblona-SJPP. plan to take a taxi o other way to SJPP before 12:00.
Thanks! Buen Camino!
Zimo

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
HI @zimo

How exciting for you. You already know that some albergues will be closed. We started from SJPP just two weeks ago and that was already true.

Some on the forum question or even discourage people from starting at SJPP. I am not usually one of them. I really like the town and starting the Camino Frances from there. But, at this time of year and with the possible difficulties of finding someone to share the taxi ride to SJPP - it could be worth thinking about starting in Pamplona instead. It would certainly be easier for your logistics. But, if you don't mind the expense of the taxi ride alone, then that's no problem.

Something you may or may not know- is that the Route Napoleon from SJPP to Roncesvalles will definitely be closed from 1 November. You would walk via the Valcarlos Route which is also enjoyable but does not offer the spectacular views that are possible on the Napoleon Route when the weather cooperates. You can walk in one day - or break up the walk by staying in Valcarlos on the first night. The municipal albergue there is open all year I believe.

Regarding accommodations - Gronze is a great resource.

And be aware of this link below takes you to a page which shows the albergues open in winter (invierno) on the Camino Frances. It will be updated on or before 1 November 2023.

Maybe you already aware of all of this. Just some thoughts - best wishes with whatever you decide. Buen Camino.

Hi everyone, I'm Zimo from China. I plan to start my Camino for the first time on November 9th, the Camino Frances.
It's a pleasure to meet everyone and learn so much information and advice in the forums, feels like a warm family. Besides, I know that there will be fewer people on the way in winter, so I'll send a message first to see if I'm lucky. Also, after I arrived in Pamplona, I wanted to see if anyone wanted to share a ride together to start the journey in SJPP, because the Alsa bus had already closed.
Here is the detail:
9th December China-Madrid-Pamplona. long-distance travel, maybe arrive at 18:30, plan to live for 1 night.
10th December Pamblona-SJPP. plan to take a taxi o other way to SJPP before 12:00.
Thanks! Buen Camino!
Zimo
Also @zimo Your first line says 9 November, but later in your message you give your itinerary as December. So if you are looking for someone to share the ride, and find companions, it would be good to correct the error.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
HI @zimo

How exciting for you. You already know that some albergues will be closed. We started from SJPP just two weeks ago and that was already true.

Some on the forum question or even discourage people from starting at SJPP. I am not usually one of them. I really like the town and starting the Camino Frances from there. But, at this time of year and with the possible difficulties of finding someone to share the taxi ride to SJPP - it could be worth thinking about starting in Pamplona instead. It would certainly be easier for your logistics. But, if you don't mind the expense of the taxi ride alone, then that's no problem.

Something you may or may not know- is that the Route Napoleon from SJPP to Roncesvalles will definitely be closed from 1 November. You would walk via the Valcarlos Route which is also enjoyable but does not offer the spectacular views that are possible on the Napoleon Route when the weather cooperates. You can walk in one day - or break up the walk by staying in Valcarlos on the first night. The municipal albergue there is open all year I believe.

Regarding accommodations - Gronze is a great resource.

And be aware of this link below takes you to a page which shows the albergues open in winter (invierno) on the Camino Frances. It will be updated on or before 1 November 2023.

Maybe you already aware of all of this. Just some thoughts - best wishes with whatever you decide. Buen Camino.
Hi Pelerina,

Really thanks for your advice, especially on whether to go to SJPP or not. I haven't decided yet, but I will consider it. Hope you have a good journey!

As for the link, I clicked it to 'Pagina nueva 1' but it shows that 'The list will be back next season', so should I send a email to ask for one list? anyway, thanks for your advice, that's really helpful!

Zimo

As for the link, I clicked it to 'Pagina nueva 1' but it shows that 'The list will be back next season', so should I send a email to ask for one list?
The site becomes active with the list after November 1st.

Hi Pelerina,

Really thanks for your advice, especially on whether to go to SJPP or not. I haven't decided yet, but I will consider it. Hope you have a good journey!

As for the link, I clicked it to 'Pagina nueva 1' but it shows that 'The list will be back next season', so should I send a email to ask for one list? anyway, thanks for your advice, that's really helpful!

Zimo
Zimo, @trecile has answered the question. It should be updated on or before 1 November 2023 as per my earlier post.

And, to clarify,, I am not one to discourage you going to SJPP, just to be aware of the situation. I am sure you can have a wonderful camino at whichever place you begin. Best wishes.

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.