• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hi Everyone!

ACL

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, Camino Portugese, Camino Zagora
Great to see such a welcoming and mature collection of pilgrims here,

I walked the Camino Frances in 2o14 from SJPDP to Finisterra with a close friend, we were carrying camping gear and filming the whole experience; it was a extremely eye opening journey, especially when it came to learning how to travel so cheaply while getting the most of the nature-full experience of the camino. Night walks were my highlight!

Once i finished my 1st camino i had to go back for more.. a few months later i walked the Camino Portugese from Lisbon to Santiago, a very different experience, and this time i walked without money (i wanted to experience the classical pilgrimage) and i was very fortunately to be so well taken care of by the Camino, especially the huge amount of oranges and kiwi's and nuts i came across, and not forgetting the fishing rod! I saw only 25 pilgrims during the whole month..

My highlight had to be sleeping with some pilgrims under a bandstand outside a church on Halloween, they had some great stories to tell and had been walking constantly for 7 years!!! They would head north in the Summer, and south in the winter to Cape Faro!

What a way to live!

My final camino wasn't' an official one, but certainly the widlest. I had met a friend in Finisterra at the end of the Portugese route, and we met in Morocco. We ended up by donkeys (something i wanted to do on the camino) and headed into the Sahara desert for two months, a camino i'll never forget.

Well thats it from me, keep on rolling pigrims!

Buen Camino!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
First welcome to the forum, I have some questions for you:

"... it was a extremely eye opening journey, especially when it came to learning how to travel so cheaply while getting the most of the nature-full experience of the camino. ..."

I am glad for you that it was an eye opening experience, but why does traveling cheaply feature so prominently for you in this experience?

Once i finished my 1st camino i had to go back for more... ... and this time i walked without money (i wanted to experience the classical pilgrimage) and i was very fortunately to be so well taken care of by the Camino, especially the huge amount of oranges and kiwi's and nuts i came across, and not forgetting the fishing rod! ...

How did you feel walking, voluntarily I assume, without money and relying on other people to feed you/help you out? People that, perhaps, have less than you have? BTW your notion of that this is the classical pilgrimage aka a classical pilgrimage is done without money is backed up by very little historical evidence.

Also, just out of curiosity, did you ask the owners of the fields and orchards before taking the fruit or did you just take them. Same for the fishing ...

Buen Camino, SY

Most read last week in this forum

Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.