• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hi from Jenny in Australia

Ja_2010

Hi everyone

I'm a first time walker from Melbourne, Australia, planning to walk from Sarria to Santiago in May 2010. At the moment I'm trying to work out if I should prebook accommodation or just trust everything will work out.....

Jenny

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Jenny,

I'm from Woodend in Australia and also a first timer. I will be walking from SJPP to Santiago starting in early May so I may miss meeting you along the way. I have prebooked my 1st and 2nd nights and then will just go with the flow and I'm sure everything will work out fine.

sharondb

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi I am Jeremy from Sydney, My wife and I will be walking camino from SJPP from end of Aprill (24.04).hope weather will be kind to us.

Hi Jenny

I have been trying to send you a PM but for some reason it will not go! i have some comments you might find interesting so if you want to send me a private message I will reply to that.

Buen camino

Alan

Hi Jenny
I live on south coast of NSW but currently in UK working to save for my Camino. I will be starting at Burgos on 6th May and I share your concerns about pre-booking. Something to do with travelling on my own I think. So far I have pre-booked my first night at Burgos, also Leon and Santiago. Beyond that I think I will just have to take pot-luck. I have a half sleeping mat just in case I end up with a floor job..Ha Ha (God forbid).

Maybe we will meet up along the way...would be great.
Jo

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi everyone

Thanks for your replies. Sorry for the delay in updating this is my first time using a forum and I'm learning as I go.

I've decided discretion is the better part of valour and have prebooked all my accommodation - thanks to Frank at the Camino Travel Centre! As this will be the longest walk I have done to date, I figure this way I can walk at my own pace, and I'll enjoy it a lot more.

Jenny

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
We all know there are a lot of bikers on the shared Camino path. I was knocked over in the town of Villatuerta and had to return immediately to the US for treatment after destroying my Camino on...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi Camino Family, I am travelling from Australia to start the Le Puy Camino May 27th 2024. If there is anyone else planning on walking around this time, it would be great to connect. I speak...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.