• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hi from Monica

CMonica

Time of past OR future Camino
Primitivo ( 2019)
Hi, my name is Monica and I wanted to say ' Hi'.
I am flying from London to Oviedo in 4th of September to start Camino Primitivo, but the plain arrives only at 23.10 and I don' t think that I will catch the last bus. I will be late in the night.
So I wanted to ask you, please, 2 things:
1. How can I get from the airport to the center? Only with the taxi? How much it will be, please?
2. Can I find an albequerqe open so late in the night or I need to book myself a room for the first night? What do you sugest?
Thank you very much,
Monica

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi, my name is Monica and I wanted to say ' Hi'.
I am flying from London to Oviedo in 4th of September to start Camino Primitivo, but the plain arrives only at 23.10 and I don' t think that I will catch the last bus. I will be late in the night.
So I wanted to ask you, please, 2 things:
1. How can I get from the airport to the center? Only with the taxi? How much it will be, please?
2. Can I find an albequerqe open so late in the night or I need to book myself a room for the first night? What do you sugest?
Thank you very much,
Monica
Hi Monica, welcome to forum. I have done a little search. Looks like your bus trip to the city will take around half an hour. I think a hotel will be best, and right beside the bus station. I have got as far as getting a low price for Ibis Hotel, but can’t see too well if it is right next to bus station. I would not recommend you needing to wander around a strange city at that time of night. Maybe you could google , looking for hotels near bus station. You might make better progress than me on this small device! Buen camino...

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Nearest hotel to the airport seems to be La Ponderosa, but I can't find any contact info. Can somebody here help?

Hi, thank you both.
I saw on the airport page that the last bus is leaving at 23.20 and my planes arrives at 23.10, so I doubt very much that I will be able to catch it.
I was wondering if somebody was already there if I can find an ATM in the airport to rethraw money or if I can pay with my card the taxi?
Thank you for the names of the hotels, I will check them.
M.

I don’t know if this will be any use, but here it is anyway:
09A5ADFB-1994-42CE-B1B9-022D5B07709F.png
This is a screenshot of a website. If you have time in London, at the airport, look for an atm that will give euro. Not sure at all about finding an atm in the small airport you are going to, but I will be glad to be proven wrong. That way, you could try to get a taxi to any city centre hotel that has 24 hour registration. Of course, you would need to book ahead. I know that Hotel Gran Regente has that facility. Hope it all works out for you!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi, thank you,
I will take a look.
I don't think that in London I can find an ATM to give me Euros, but I am sure that they have offices where I can change. I don't know how the exchange rate it is.
I am using a Revolut card, which is briliant for traveling, you can make exchanges at a very good on different curencies and you can retraw less then 200 pounds without any fee from them.
But it is anyway a risk even if it is an ATM there, they can have huge fee. Like it hapend to me a couples of weeks before in Budapest. I rethraw 10000 forints and they took 1280 forints fee, so it was 12.8%. Really, I prefer to donate if I have extra money, not to waste on huge fees.
So thank you, you helped me took a decision . :)
I am using usual Booking when I am traveling, so yes, I am looking for a hotel which is opened 24 hours.
I have asked here because I was hoping that somebody who already has been there can advice me from his own experience.
Thank you,
Monica

Hello, Monica.

Asturias (Oviedo) airport has two ATMs, both on floor 0 in the departures hall.

There is a bus from the airport to Oviedo at midnight, which you should easily be able to catch. Details are on the ALSA website. The fare is €9.

However, if your plane is delayed:

A taxi to Oviedo, which is 46 km from the airport, with a journey time of about 35 minutes, usually costs about €56, although that might be considerably more at that time at night. (You may be lucky and find someone to share the cost.) Allowing for time to go through immigration and baggage reclaim, you would be unlikely to arrive in Oviedo much before 1 AM.

An alternative is to stay near the airport: the Marques De La Moral hotel is 4 km away and, at the moment, has rooms for €40.87 a night, including breakfast. You could then get a taxi back to the airport in the morning, from where there is an hourly bus service to Oviedo.

Good luck!

Hi, Glenshiro,
Thank you very, very much. :)
This are all the informations that I needed to know. I am very grateful for this.
God bless you,
I wish you all the best,
Monica

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi Camino Family, I am travelling from Australia to start the Le Puy Camino May 27th 2024. If there is anyone else planning on walking around this time, it would be great to connect. I speak...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.