• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hi, I am planning to walk el camino in mid-September

KLynn

Time of past OR future Camino
Sept 15-Nov 10, 2015
Planning to take 7 weeks to walk from SJPDP to Santiago with two friends. Flight from Toronto to Paris is booked, departing September 15, 2015. Haven't determined how to get from CdG airport to SJPDP yet. Happy to see that there are some options and some good postings on this matter. We are all excited and have been working at getting into shape for a few months now.
Looking forward to reading the posts.
Lynn

A selection of Camino Jewellery
@KLynn -

Check out, or have your travel agent check out, time of arrival at CDG against the TGV departures from CDG to Bayonne.

Alternative is transporting from CDG to (I think) Montparnasse train station to catch a train down from there.

The rest will sort itself. Bayonne has plenty of places close to the train station that will make transport to SJPP very easy in the event you have to stay overnight in Bayonne.

B

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Planning to take 7 weeks to walk from SJPDP to Santiago with two friends. Flight from Toronto to Paris is booked, departing September 15, 2015. Haven't determined how to get from CdG airport to SJPDP yet. Happy to see that there are some options and some good postings on this matter. We are all excited and have been working at getting into shape for a few months now.
Looking forward to reading the posts.
Lynn
Hi Lynn, when you want to take the tgv to Bayonne you have to go to Montparnasse train station. Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

You can actually get to SJPP by train. Go to voyages-sncf.com to book (you can't book for September yet. But you can look at the prices and itineraries. Roughly 120 euros and 7h00 ride

Buen Camino Lynn!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi and welcome Lynn! I will be just behind you I arrive in StJPdP on the 17th. Its a lovely time of year to walk.
Any questions and you will surely find the answers and support you need right here. The Forum as well as the Camino is a great place, where many people will help you.

Buen Camino!
Sarah

@KLynn -

Check out, or have your travel agent check out, time of arrival at CDG against the TGV departures from CDG to Bayonne.

Alternative is transporting from CDG to (I think) Montparnasse train station to catch a train down from there.

The rest will sort itself. Bayonne has plenty of places close to the train station that will make transport to SJPP very easy in the event you have to stay overnight in Bayonne.

B
Many thanks for comments B. Lynn

Hi and welcome Lynn! I will be just behind you I arrive in StJPdP on the 17th. Its a lovely time of year to walk.
Any questions and you will surely find the answers and support you need right here. The Forum as well as the Camino is a great place, where many people will help you.

Buen Camino!
Sarah
Hi Sarah, Thanks for connecting. Our paths may cross in September . We May be staying two nights in SJPDP, and could be starting the walk on the same day as you! This is my first post on the Forum and already I am thrilled by the help offered.
Do you have any idea what the weather may be like in mid September in SJDP?
Lynn

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Sarah, Thanks for connecting. Our paths may cross in September . We May be staying two nights in SJPDP, and could be starting the walk on the same day as you! This is my first post on the Forum and already I am thrilled by the help offered.
Do you have any idea what the weather may be like in mid September in SJDP?
Lynn
Hi Lynn, Yes! I have been to the camino the last 2 Septembers and was surprised how hot and sunny it was! I got sunburned both times! I am taking Factor 50 for my face. It can be changeable, cold in a morning even a little icy in the mountains first thing especially nearer the end of your journey.
Of course there will be rain in Galicia there always is! At the moment the weather is really good but two years ago my son walked starting in May and out of 42 days he had 35 days of rain!!! :eek: You never can tell???
In September many pilgrims carry on the tradition of the summer walkers and start walking before sunrise to avoid the worst heat of the day.
We have a slight disadvantage over the winter/summer pilgrims in that we need clothing for hot and cold weather? One of the most important things that you will learn here is that you must keep your pack weight down and take only what you need and not what you think you might need!
Any other questions please don't hesitate to ask, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!!! o_O and then Really wish you had!?!

Buen Camino
Sarah

Thank you Sarah for sharing your experience, what everyone does best on this Forum. A most valuable resource.
We are still figuring out what day we will leave from SJPD since Orisson seems to be fully booked on Sept 18th when we were planning our first night's stop!

Thank you Sarah for sharing your experience, what everyone does best on this Forum. A most valuable resource.
We are still figuring out what day we will leave from SJPD since Orisson seems to be fully booked on Sept 18th when we were planning our first night's stop!
You're very welcome. I'm stuck in St Jean on the 18th too but I decided an extra day in France is not too bad!? I booked Orisson for the 19th. The Camino is teaching me patience! :):D:)

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back