• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Yay! I am planning my Camino for 2025!

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2025
I have my calling for my camino...never realized that was a true thing but I have allowed myself to open toany things, and the camino has beckoned.
I am an ER Nurse, former Chef. A new Abuela, wife, mother of 2 boys. Recently had a Neurological brain event while at work. Starting my 7th month out I am thankful for my second chance. Always an adventurous person and wanting to reconnect with my faith...the movie "the Way" reconnected an old idea I had when I was a Chef in my 20s and wanted to do the pilgrimage in Guadalajara. Finding this forum and joining for a year has been a blessing! So many questions have already been answered already. I am excited to learn a little French as I am already bilingual in Spanish, but to also visit my mother land as my descendants come from the Basque region. I am an "OCHOA." loss, grief and enlightenment are my burdens and my endeavor. And so the adventure begins!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Best wishes not only for the Camino in May 2025, but also for the preparation/training! I found the anticipation really fun as I got equipped and started walking long distances. The first week of my Camino took care of any romantic view I had, but the following weeks delivered beyond my expectations (including when a nice Danish couple in a car came out of nowhere (we were really nowhere with nobody around at the time) with fresh drinks when my wife and I had run out of water on a sunny 37 C day!). If you want to learn some French, I would recommand the French movie Saint-Jacques… La Mecque (hopefully available with subtitles in English or Spanish). I enjoyed it even more than The Way (although that was also a nice movie). Buena suerte

We wish you an experience as magical to you as our first was to us. We think we will be back again… 😊 Buen Camino!
I too am planning on making my experience magical and as poetic as my imagination and heart allows. The history of my ancestors is beckoning. Hardships, joys, disappointments...sounds like an adventure for me.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Other than abuela is grandmother in Spanish...I'm more curious about OCHOA.

TeMah, I know you know this, but let your doctor know that you're walking Camino. I don't know the nature of your neurological event, but you may need to consider a medic alert bracelet in Spanish/ French in case you are found unable to advocate for yourself.

Buen Camino.

Would you like to share what “TeMahAbuela ” signifies?
My oldest son calls me that. And his brother calls me Madres. That was his favorite thing he took away from his Spanish class. And so
Etimes they like to yell out "Maaahhh" so they both just started calling me "TeMah."
Abuela2023. Well I just became one 3 weeks ago to a baby boy. And as everyone around me says...I am too young to be called Grandma and I am not a MiMi or granny. I ne er cred for the Southern nicknames being that I am from San Diego,CA. So being Hispanic I chose Abuela
Becaue I miss my Hispanic heritage so much and well it feels right. So "TeMahAbuela2023" or Shannon Ochoa-Landes for my husband.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Other than abuela is grandmother in Spanish...I'm more curious about OCHOA.

TeMah, I know you know this, but let your doctor know that you're walking Camino. I don't know the nature of your neurological event, but you may need to consider a medic alert bracelet in Spanish/ French in case you are found unable to advocate for yourself.

Buen Camino.
Great idea. Did not think about that. LUCKILY husband will be with me. OCHOA is my father's last name.

:::chuckle::: Good to know. And thanks!

You two should, I suggest, talk out expectations on walking and on meals/accommodations before you train together and/or leave. My husband and I do Not walk at the same pace, so we regularly switched up who led, who followed, whether or not we took detours, and where we would reunite.

And on that note, from my first aid response experience, best investigate that bracelet. As an example, some people's seizures, i swear, would time themselves for when the partner was in the bathroom...;)

Great ideas. I am lucky I do not have a seizure disorder. I had a TIA. But I do like your mention about the reunite and logistical aspects of hiking together. All very much appreciated

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.