• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • 20% off everything Altus the next few days at the Camino Forum Store. More here. (Discount taken at check out)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hi, I'm tedlegs

tedlegs

Ted Legasey and Charlie Hugo walked the Camino de Santiago Pilgrimage on foot, beginning May 7, 2012. We’re a couple of retired guys who’ve known each other since high school and who are married to two women (Tricia Legasey and Eileen Hugo) who’ve known each other since the first grade (BTW, they thought we were crazy). Charlie introduced Ted to the idea several months ago, and we got excited about doing this. We walked 12-15 miles per day to complete the 500-mile trip in 6 weeks. Charlie flew from Boston and Ted from Charleston, SC to Paris, France on May 2. We travelled by train to La Rochelle and then took local transportation to St-Martin on the Île-de-Ré, the ancestral home of the Legasey family forebears. We spent two days there and then travelled by train to Bayonne. On Sunday, we took a bus to St-Jean-Pied-de-Port, France where our pilgrimage began (a bus because the new train bridge in Bayonne had collapsed). We wrote a daily blog, which is at: tedandcharliecaminowalk.wordpress.com. This was a great experience.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Welcome to Forum!
Your blog is very interesting. I can see, hear, smell and feel the camino by reading it!
Next camino with your spouses?
The camino is an incredible experience.
Saludos,

Welcome home.
Glad you had such a positive experience.
What is next? Your Camino has only started!

Buen Camino,
David, Victoria, Canada.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
anniethenurse said:
Welcome to Forum!
Your blog is very interesting. I can see, hear, smell and feel the camino by reading it!
Next camino with your spouses?
The camino is an incredible experience.
Saludos,
They'll have to be "second spouses" as the current ones still think we're crazy ;-)

Hi tedlegs,
I walked about the same time as you, beginning May 9 at SJPDP. I became friendly with Jan and Doug Foreman--we ended in Santiago at the same time. Jan had sent me the link to your blog. Thanks for the nice writing/pictures! This really takes me back to the Way. The walk has affected me deeply--not sure where it will all end but truly we do become pilgrims for life. Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings fellow travelers, I am hoping to do my first international trip at 57 and solo to walk the Camino Primitivo in mid-July. I want to book the trip through either Santiago Ways or Camino...
I'll be volunteering in Santiago July 01- July 15 this year with the Camino Companions who offer services for the English speaking pilgrims, announcements at mass, English Mass at the Pilgrim's...
Hi my name is Bryce (Australian) and I’m doing the Camino Frances starting September 15. My wife is 57 years old and was born without her left thigh bone. She can wear a prosthetic leg for very...
Hello✨✨✨✨ I ve just finished my thirty-day walk from San Sebastian and it’s a weird feeling I m going through , a mix of sadness and solitude. I kept afar Icts in the past few days to « see » and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.