Hiking alone in november | Camino de Santiago Forum
Camino Forum App now available
Camino Forum Android APP Camino Forum iOS APP
Search 30 000 Camino Questions right here... your question might have been asked before
Camino Guides (for sale) | Camino Guides made by pilgrims
By Signing up to the forum (free) you will be able to:

-- Ask any Camino related question you might have
-- Participate in the camino conversation on this forum
-- Get an weekly e-mail (Saturdays) with the most popular topics from the last 7 days
-- Be able to download pdf's and other Camino Resources
Sign

Weekly forum email Daily forum email Luggage Storage in Santiago de Compostela
Dismiss Notice
Have a question you would like to ask? Here is how you do it!

Hiking alone in november

Discussion in 'Camino Portugues' started by Ally bryde, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Ally bryde

Ally bryde New Member

Camino(s) past & future:
    The french way september 2016
    Hi fellow Pilgrims
    I have recently hiked the elcamino de santiago with 3 girls but this time i want to hike the elcamino portugal alone in November. Can anyone tell me what the weather is like and is there enough open accomodation. Thank you ally

HedaP likes this.
  2. Kanga

Kanga Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Camino(s) past & future:
    Francés (2001, 2003, 2004, 2015 and 2016), Le Puy (2009, 2010), Arles (2011), Tours (2012), Norte (2015) VdlP (2017)
    Welcome to the forum @Ally bryde. I can't help you with specifics about the Camino Portuguese, not having walked it myself (yet), but hopefully another better informed member will come back with some information. In the meantime, have a look at this site - if you click on each stage it will open up with information about the available accommodation, and following through to the individual albergue will tell you the dates that place is open. A bit tedious, but a nice way to spend some planning time!

https://www.gronze.com/camino-portugues

3. Anemone del Camino

Anemone del Camino Anemone

Camino(s) past & future:
    Camino Frances from 2006 to 2013. Camino del Norte from Donostia to Llanes - 2014. May 2015: Primitivo. May 2016: Portuguese central + variante espiritual. April 2017: half of VDLP.
    Regarding the weather in Pt in November, why not Google for it? Try the name of the town you will start from and anappoximate date. For example, Google "tiempo oporoto noviembre" and see what pops up.

Edited by moderator.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2017
  4. toadoftoadhall

toadoftoadhall New Member

Camino(s) past & future:
    Sept 2013
  5. wes

wes Member Donating Member

Camino(s) past & future:
    Frances (2006) VdlP to Carceres (2010) Frances (2013) Portugues (2016)
    Hello Ally,

My wife and I completed the Porto-Santiago inland route in the last fortnight of November/first few days of December last year. We had one day of rain, as it happens, in Barcelos, where we'd planned for a day off anyway to go to the terrific market (I think it's on Thursdays only, try to allow for it in your schedule), so it wasn't a problem. Otherwise the weather was ideal for walking: clear sunny skies and around 17-18 degrees every day. Sometimes we wore light jackets, other times long-sleeved merino shirts were sufficient. Even in Galicia, traditionally one of the wettest areas of Europe, the days were fine.

These conditions were contrary to the region's established weather experience. Were we just lucky? Is global warming changing long-standing patterns? Don't know, but I do know that we had perfect weather.

As to the inland route, it's a wonderful walk, especially on the Portuguese side. Re. accommodation, we stayed in B&Bs and small hotels, all of which were excellent. Places were, however, closing, and it might be wise to check ahead.

Bom Caminho,

wes

6. Albertinho

Albertinho Veteran Member

Camino(s) past & future:
    Then you get the weatherforecast in spanish !
    O tempo, Porto , em novembre are keywords for finding the weatherforcast in Portuguese :cool:
    I bet there will be general wheaterforecast apps available in english which show the forecasts in every place wherever in the world.
    About the november weather in Portugal... may shine,may rain. If you start in Porto you enter the region where the most rain falls all over the year. Therefore the area is that green and very beautifull.take your shorts and a lightweight raincoat or poncho and accept what is coming down or shines above your head . It is worthwhile..it is sooo beautifull..

Bom caminho

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017 at 12:13 PM