• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hola to everybody

Brandy

Time of past OR future Camino
CF,VDLP,NORTE,ARAG,SANABR,SALVAD,PRIMIT,MOZAR,JAUME,LEVANT,MADRID,HUELVA,PORT,EPW,ESTRECHO;
I have found this forum and I think there are many like me I can meet, ideas to think about and places I can go.
For 2017 my plan would be walking from Valencia to Santiago via Camino de Levante - Sureste, Camino de Madrid, Camino Frances, Camino de San Salvador, Camino Primitivo, Camino Frances and epilogo to Muxia Fisterra. Alone as usual. Starting date to be decided.
Buen Camino to all.

Brandy

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
That's quite some walk you have planned! Lovely.
Welcome to this virtual albergue, Brandy--there are definitely kindred spirits here.
Buen camino!

Hy VNwalking
I just love walking for two months in Spain. Nice places, nice people, nice food and good wine.

Brandy

Hello Brandy, how did you like the Francigena? I walked from Sarsana to Rome in 2015, the towns were fabulous. Welcome to the forum. I also love the walks in Spain, and around the world actually.
Happy trails

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hola efdoucette
I think the best part of Francigena is the last ( Toscana and Lazio ) the northern part of Italy is not very interesting.

Buen Camino

Brandy

I have found this forum and I think there are many like me I can meet, ideas to think about and places I can go.
For 2017 my plan would be walking from Valencia to Santiago via Camino de Levante - Sureste, Camino de Madrid, Camino Frances, Camino de San Salvador, Camino Primitivo, Camino Frances and epilogo to Muxia Fisterra. Alone as usual. Starting date to be decided.
Buen Camino to all.

Brandy

Hi, Brandy, welcome to the forum. You will find that there is a pretty hard core group here always planning a solitary camino. There are so many of them it's hard to choose.

Where are you planning to cross from the Levante to the Madrid? If you can hang on till at least Avila, you will get to enjoy the very beautiful mountain parts.
http://levante2013.blogspot.com/2013/05/two-days-into-avila.html. And I have to say that from Avila to Zamora is pretty great also, but I know that choices have to be made!

Buen camino, Laurie

Hallo Laurie
thanks for your replay. I'm most of the time alone to keep things simple like when to go , where to go, when to wake up, where to stop and so on.
As far as my 2017 camino goes, starting in Valencia is the camino de Levante which is parallel and in some places coincidental with camino Sureste (starts in Alicante) so after Avila I will follow Sureste to Tordesillas.
In Tordesillas there is a published walking route that goes to Simancas which is on the Camino de Madrid and from there continue to Sahagun on the Frances. But, just to make things shorter, from Tordesillas I may go straight north to Castromonte which is on the Camino de Madrid too but there are not published routes. There is one carettera which doesn't seem to be a major one. Will see.

Take care

Brandy

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hallo Laurie
I see now that you are familiar with C d Madrid and Castromonte in particular. I will pay a visit to the bar you were talking about.

Brandy

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hola

Above my plan for 2017:
a mix of Levante, Sureste, Madrid, Frances, S.Salvador, Primitivo. If time and conditions permit Muxia and Finisterra.
To be completed in two periods: the first starting the 9th of march from Valencia to Valladolid (30th March). The second from Valladolid to Santiago in autumn.

Cheers

Brandy

Last edited:
Welcome Brandy!

Buen Camino!

Looks great, Brandy,
I can't tell from the map how and where you are crossing from the Levante/Sureste over to the Madrid. I know we talked about staying on the Levante till Avila, what did you decide? Buen camino, Laurie
transitionsurestemadrid.jpg

Hola Laurie

After Avila I will follow the published Camino Sureste to Tordesillas. After Tordesillas I have found on Wikiloc a transition to Camino de Madrid and you can see it on the post above. It goes from Tordesillas to Penaflor de Hornija. But this is also the end of my first period so most probably, from Tordesillas I will walk along the Douro River (there is a published walking track) to Simancas and from there to Valladolid and will spend a night in the local albergue. At 830 in the morning there is a bus from Valladolid to Madrid airport and from there back to Verona (30th March). When I'll came back in September I will land in Madrid drive to Vallodolid and start again from there to Santiago.

I hope I answer your question.

Cheers

Brandy

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

..all packed and still 24 hours before I start my journey...train to Gatwick,flight to Bilbao, bus to Pamplona the taxi with others to SPDPfor night of 23rd...so what can I do now??
Hello everyone, I've been browsing this forum for a while now, and it's been incredibly helpful in planning my Camino journeys (so far, I've done VĂ©zelay, Frances, and Portuguese, and tomorrow I...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, we are starting from Sarria on April 28, 2024. Getting excited...
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.