• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hostal Vaticano Monterubio de La Serena

Time of past OR future Camino
may 2023
Hello, I have tried multiple times to contact this hotel in order to make a reservation but they don’t respond to emails or phone calls. Does anyone have information regarding how to get through to them?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello, I have tried multiple times to contact this hotel in order to make a reservation but they don’t respond to emails or phone calls. Does anyone have information regarding how to get through to them?

Are the details up to date for you?

Are the details up to date for you?

Yes, same numbers and email that I have been trying.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
A search on bookingdotcom neither gives results, though in the past they were on this site but they might decide not to use it anymore.

Maybe a mail to the ayuntamiento asking them what the town offers in terms of accomodation?

I stayed at Hostal Vaticano in early April 2023. It's also a bar. It appeared to be being run singlehandedly by a very stressed out but kindly man. Maybe closed at this time of year? I recall he didn't respond to my enquiry prior to my arriving.

There is a municipal albergue, Calle Nueva, 34. T 684457681 and 670043490, €8.

And Hotel Coto de la Serena, pl España, 6. T 924635169, €25.

I had a good meal at Restaurante Casa Victor.

On the plaza opposite Hostal Vaticano is a chocolatier who sells churros and coffee early in the morning.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Tried them on What'sApp?

A search on bookingdotcom neither gives results, though in the past they were on this site but they might decide not to use it anymore.

Maybe a mail to the ayuntamiento asking them what the town offers in terms of accomodation?

Thanks, that is a great idea.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

I can recommend the albergue de peregrinos in Monterrubio de la Serena. I also stayed once in Vaticano, but the albergue is just as nice. It was very well kept - a former apartment, or so it seems - spotlessly clean and well equipped kitchen. That was in 2022. Exclusive for pilgrims and open all year round, according to Gronze.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back