• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hotel/Pension San Amaro (after Pontevedra)

JoanneK

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances Part in April 2011
Frances April 2014
Camino Portuguese (Oct 2015)
At the Pousada de Peregrinos San Amaro (just before the Meson de Pulpo mentioned in Brierley) we asked if there were any rooms nearby. For €30 for a double room with private bathroom we were picked up and taken to the Hotel San Martin only a few minutes away by car. There's a nice restaurant and we'll get a ride back in the morning. An option to the Albergue de Portela

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hello Joanne
I am trying to book 2 rooms for some friends walking up from Lisbon in August
who wanted to stay here.
At the moment I cannot find any contact details for Hotel Saint Martin

Can you or anyone else who may read this post help with some contact information
Thanks

Shaun

Shaun,

JoanneK has not been on the forum since last year.
However do try this web for contact info for the San Amaro.
https://www.quintadesanamaro.com/en/

Good luck and Bom Caminho to your friends.

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
However do try this web for contact info for the San Amaro.
https://www.quintadesanamaro.com/en/

Are you sure this is the correct San Amaro that's being referenced in the original post? This link goes to Quinta de San Amaro, a high end hotel in Meaño, about 25 minutes by car from Pontevedra (halfway between Pontevedra and O Grove). It's gorgeous there; we went for lunch one day (on a non-camino trip). The restaurant was excellent and they are very well-known for the horreo next to the swimming pool that has been redone as a room for lounging with huge windows to take in the views of the hillside vineyards.

The information I got from my friends was hotel y restaurants San Martin II they were given the information from the local hostel A Pousada do Peregrino, Ill ask them againif they have any more info, but many thanks for your help :)
The link is to a very nice place and Im sure they would be happy to stop there :):)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Are you sure this is the correct San Amaro that's being referenced in the original post? This link goes to Quinta de San Amaro, a high end hotel in Meaño, about 25 minutes by car from Pontevedra (halfway between Pontevedra and O Grove). It's gorgeous there; we went for lunch one day (on a non-camino trip). The restaurant was excellent and they are very well-known for the horreo next to the swimming pool that has been redone as a room for lounging with huge windows to take in the views of the hillside vineyards.
No, I am not certain that this THE one. However it was the only place found through Google which used the name San Amaro and was in the general vacinity.

Looking at Google Maps and using Don Pulpo as a reference, which is very near A Pousada do Peregrino, it looks like there's a place not far called San Martin 2. Seems like a likely match for what the OP is describing, and very close by!

www.sanmartin2.com

(I think San Amaro in the title is referring to the name of the town/village where Don Pulpo is located rather than the name of the hotel.)

Buen Camino, all!

[But for a bit of post-camino luxury, one could do worse than staying at Quinta de San Amaro, visiting wineries and touring the coast (O Grove / Cambados / Isla de Arousa), enjoying local seafood and albarino wine!;)]

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back