• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How does our plan sound?

tropipack

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2024
I regret to report that I can't really help you!
In 2022 we decided to walk the "official" route and did not walk through Cambados. We (of course) got our Compostelas.
Last year we walked it again and this time we walked through Cambados, where we stayed, and then on to Vilanova but we did not claim our Compostelas as we felt no need to do so.
We loved Cambados. It is very worthwhile to make the effort to go there. And I believe that provided you have walked the last 100k you should qualify for a Compostela. But I have no hard evidence or experience to support that view. I can tell you that the hotels and bars in Cambados are happy to provide you with stamps for your Credencia. They certainly seem to think that you are walking the road to Santiago.
Moderator note: this post was moved from another thread to create a new thread

My group is not interested in doing 8 hr walks. We really want to try to do 4-5 hrs and then enjoy the small towns, local food and wine! I would love to get my Compostelas, but honestly, no piece of paper can validate my experience I will receive on the trip, so although it would be nice, if they refuse to do it in Santiago, so be it.

Any good tips you got? Our plan at the moment is this.
Starting in Tui.
Day 1 - Tui to O Porriño
Day 2 - O Porriño to Redondela
Day 3 - Redondela to Pontevedra
Day 4 - Pontevedra to Combarro
Day 5 - Combarro to Armenteira(or Vilar)
Day 6 - Armenteira(or Vilar) to Cambados
Day 7 - Cambados to Vilanova de Arousa
Day 8 - Vilanova de Arousa to Padron
Day 9 - Padron to Rúa de Francos
Day 10 - Rúa de Francos to Compostela

Last edited by a moderator:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
My group is not interested in doing 8 hr walks. We really want to try to do 4-5 hrs and then enjoy the small towns, local food and wine! I would love to get my Compostelas, but honestly, no piece of paper can validate my experience I will receive on the trip, so although it would be nice, if they refuse to do it in Santiago, so be it.

Any good tips you got? Our plan at the moment is this.
Starting in Tui.
Day 1 - Tui to O Porriño
Day 2 - O Porriño to Redondela
Day 3 - Redondela to Pontevedra
Day 4 - Pontevedra to Combarro
Day 5 - Combarro to Armenteira(or Vilar)
Day 6 - Armenteira(or Vilar) to Cambados
Day 7 - Cambados to Vilanova de Arousa
Day 8 - Vilanova de Arousa to Padron
Day 9 - Padron to Rúa de Francos
Day 10 - Rúa de Francos to Compostela
Tell me - where are you staying in Rúa de Francos?

Tell me - where are you staying in Rúa de Francos?
We haven't gotten that far yet! Still trying to work out dates. Is there no where to stay there?? We just picked a town between Pardon and Santiago. This one may change honestly. I haven't even looked at the trails in that section yet.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
There is definitely somewhere to stay in Rüa de Francos!

Your Day8 puzzles me. I assume you are taking the boat from Vilanova? Which would leave you just a few kilometres to walk into Padrón. Pretty much a day off from walking. Is that your plan?

If you start in Tui, you will qualify for a Compostela provided you get two stamps a day for the last 109kms.

In 2022 after getting of the boat from Vilanova de Arousa I walked the 8.5 to A Escravitude and stayed at Hostel O Lagar de Jesús. which is a lovely place to stay with a great pilgrims meal. That left 18.5k for the last day. If that is to far for the last day there are plenty of places to stay between there and SDC

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Your plan is similar to mine in 2022. But I wished I had stayed where muddy-mama suggested as O Lagar de Jesus is often recommended. I'd recommend staying at Ideas Pereginas in Tui and at Hostel Nuestra Señora del Camino in Combarro. I do not recommend staying in Milladoiro for your final night before SdCompostela.

from the boat landing, we walked to Picarana after a nice lunch stop and look around the market in Padron. It’s not picturesque, but made for an easy walk into Santiago the next day.

Another vote for Ideas Peregrinas in Tui - excellant breakfast in the cafe - and O Lagar de Jesus in Escravitude - great vegetarian communal dinner. Also recommend We also enjoyed staying at A Darsana do Frances 1k out of Rendondela (on camino) - we stopped at a grocery store on our way through to pick up ingredients to cook dinner. Albergue A Salazon in Vila Nova de Arousa was also good - close to the boat departure point.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.