• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

how many pilgrims this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

swallow

Are the numbers this year really even greater than last year? Is it true that 1400 a day received their credentials in SJPP in the beginning of September? (I will begin the Camino on the 31st August..) .

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
They are up this year by about 20% from 2009, but they are down a bit from the Holy Year, 2010. Over 1,000 per day are getting Compostelas currently, and that won't be the peak.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Yes - very busy mornings in the Office but the new situation and system means waiting times are greatly reduced despite the gloomy predictions by non-pilgrim observers!

I hoping to walk from Le Puy in 2022, September and October, and then the Frances. Any word about how the Via Podiensis is doing? Are masks ever required along Spanish routes? in the albergues?

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Any word about how the Via Podiensis is doing? Are masks ever required along Spanish routes? in the albergues?
Hi Craig

You might not have noticed that this thread was asking about pilgrim statistics of 2011, so I think it can be closed now.

If you enter "Via Podiensis" in the Search box (find the magnifying glass in the upper right) you should get some good information. Browse any of the "Live from the Camino" threads for the situation about masks now. Or search "masks"!

Good luck!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum