• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

How send a bycicle from santiago to ponferrada to start my camino

Nunzis

Time of past OR future Camino
Santiago ponferrada (2016)
Hello Everybody. I was wondering if someone can help me to understand how to go from santiago to ponferrada to start my camino. I have a bycicle .

Many thanks
Nunzia

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi,

yes i did but it is not clear, or it is not clear for me. I saw that i can load the bycicle, but i wuold buy the ticket and add the bycicle as well , it is not possible. they say taht the bycicle doesn't have to give problem other passengers and i didn't understood also if I can load the bycicle unpacked or not.

i tried also to use the bus, also using the alse site (bus site). i saw that i can go with bycicle, but they don't sell the ticket in advanced.
do you knwo someone that traveleld with bycicle? i can tr to ask..

many thanks

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Nuniz,
It is possible to book on-line with Alsa.
I have done a trial booking. The itemised invoice lists €10 for services, that's charge for bike.
Perhaps departure date you are seeking is not available.
Also take care to tick "passport" if not using Spanish identity document.

Edit: Perhaps advance booking is not possible from some regions.

Hi,

i did the trail me too, the only problem is that i can't buy the ticket right now..but i think i have to wait just that the date will be availabe. do you know if i can load the bycicle unpacked?

many thanks for your help

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum