• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How send a bycicle from santiago to ponferrada to start my camino

Nunzis

Time of past OR future Camino
Santiago ponferrada (2016)
Hello Everybody. I was wondering if someone can help me to understand how to go from santiago to ponferrada to start my camino. I have a bycicle .

Many thanks
Nunzia

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi,

yes i did but it is not clear, or it is not clear for me. I saw that i can load the bycicle, but i wuold buy the ticket and add the bycicle as well , it is not possible. they say taht the bycicle doesn't have to give problem other passengers and i didn't understood also if I can load the bycicle unpacked or not.

i tried also to use the bus, also using the alse site (bus site). i saw that i can go with bycicle, but they don't sell the ticket in advanced.
do you knwo someone that traveleld with bycicle? i can tr to ask..

many thanks

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi Nuniz,
It is possible to book on-line with Alsa.
I have done a trial booking. The itemised invoice lists €10 for services, that's charge for bike.
Perhaps departure date you are seeking is not available.
Also take care to tick "passport" if not using Spanish identity document.

Edit: Perhaps advance booking is not possible from some regions.

Hi,

i did the trail me too, the only problem is that i can't buy the ticket right now..but i think i have to wait just that the date will be availabe. do you know if i can load the bycicle unpacked?

many thanks for your help :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

The standard response to what to do when you get bed bugs, is to wash and dry everything at 60 degrees. But if you do that to your silk sleeping bag liner or your merino socks or t shirts or down...
I will do the Camino Frances from mid June to mid July and will start in Pamplona. Should I take a fleece/cold weather garment?
Hey all! Having rabbit holed many, many packing lists, I'd love y'alls feedback on my packing list - https://lighterpack.com/r/p6hm36 For context, I'm 49, medium experienced hiker, weigh 200lbs...
Does anyone have experience with the Patagonia Cool Daily long sleeve hoody on the Camino? Last summer on the Norte I wore the REI Sahara long sleeve t-shirt and while I liked it I found it a bit...
I have just boarded an Iberia flight to Madrid, and so far have seen two people come on with collapsed poles attached to their backpacks. The topic that never dies……
The new "Experience" line from Altra looks interesting. Has anybody tried them yet? I will order a pair of Altra Experience Wild and report back after some day hikes. They have the traditional...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.