• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

How to get to SJPDP from Pamplona

Introvert Fab

World Traveler
Time of past OR future Camino
Hi there! On my initial travel plans, I was going to start walking from Pamplona but I changed my mind and will start from SJPDP. Now I need to figure out how to get to SJPDP from Pamplona. Google has not been my friend on this issue... I would appreciate if an experienced pilgrim could give a few tips. Thank you!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Introvert Fab

Welcome to the Forum.

A useful source for all travel links is
www.Rome2Rio.com
Hit the blue type for a link.

Their web shows:
1. many buses from Pamplona airport to the bus station in Pamplona every day.

2. one bus from Pamplona to Saint Jean Pied de Port run by Alsa each day.

Good luck with your plans

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Besides the bus you can take a taxi. More expensive but if a pilgrim is on your flight/ train to Pamplona you can share the taxi and fare. Took the taxi in 2013 and again in 2017 and got into SJPP early afternoon vs later in the evening.
Buen Camino

There's a bus. If I remember correctly, it left in early afternoon and the more pilgrims that booked together, the cheaper the fare was!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I have had the same problem, getting to Pamplona was easy ,but since SJPP is in France it was a problem. A bus to Roncenvalles is easy, from there...We'll I just stuck out my thumb and caught a ride to SJPP. The road really only goes there ,not a problem . The guy that picked me up said he often picks up Perigrinos going to SJPP

Last edited:
We hired a taxi at a cost of about 50 Euros.

Most read last week in this forum