• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

IGN maps

chou.fleur

Hi all,

We are leaving for Le Puy on August 25 and would like to have a look at the maps on Peter Robins' site. Unfortuately, we can't access them. We get a blank page with an empty box in the upper left-hand corner. Does anyone else have this problem?

Chou-fleur

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
which version of which browser are you using? I no longer test much with IE, so it's possible there are problems with that. And old versions of browsers may not work - upgrade to the latest version.

We were using IE but have now installed Chrome - the maps now work well. We will try to print the route on 8-10 pages (4-5 pgs printed both sides) discarding pages as we progress . I will also try to save images as jpg files that will be stored on my cell-phone to allow us to look back once the hardcopy is jettisoned. We used this system last year on the Camino del Norte using maps that I had scanned. The IGN maps are not as easy to find here.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Peter,
I never realised quite what wonderful maps were hiding under the menus of your site. I have been exploring your French maps and they are superb. What incredible, clear detail I was able to bring up of the route between Cluny and Le Puy. I will be saving some of these sections as photos to refer to...
Margaret

Cluny-le Puy? I was unable to find any track for that; it's still one of the 'holes' in my network.

I can't take any credit for the clarity of the images, as I just display what's provided by the IGN on their server.

Yes, I know there is no track on the map, but I know the places the route passes through from the Association des Amis guide, so I can make a reasonable guess. And maybe the maps are on the server Peter, but I probably wouldn't have found them left to my own devices: you have done a wonderful job of bringing them all together via the links on your site.
Margaret

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Peter's maps are superb. If you select Google maps, you can eventually find food and accommodations. Maybe Peter has some way to get a search window on his maps, but I could not find it. You will need to open Google maps in another window, and go to the relevant place in the new window, and search for "gite", "hotel", "pension", etc.

falcon269 said:
Maybe Peter has some way to get a search window on his maps, but I could not find it. You will need to open Google maps in another window, and go to the relevant place in the new window, and search for "gite", "hotel", "pension", etc.
meaning 'search for accommodation near here' - no, tho a Google search could be added quite easily, similar to the find wikipedia and weather near here I currently have. I'll add it to the list of things to do :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back