• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Inspiration

KiwiNomad06

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Le Puy-Santiago(2008) Cluny-Conques+prt CF(2012)
Before I left home I collected up a small plastic bag of songs and quotes to inspire me along the way. I would choose a couple of bits of this paper to go in the pocket of my shorts each day for moments that came along to use them. (Crossing the Aubrac Plateau in drenching rain though, I forgot about these, and 'lost' some into the land of Wet Slop.)

One of the most helpful quotes I carried when I started walking was from Lynne from this Forum- basically about taking each step as it came. Today I came upon a quote on a blog that carried a very similar sentiment. I thought that others might find it helpful so am sharing it here.

"Watch your way then, as a cautious traveler
and don't be gazing at that mountain
or river in the distance
and saying, "How shall I ever get over them?"
but keep to the present little inch that is before you
and accomplish that
in the little moment that belongs to it.
The mountain and the river can only be passed
in the same way
and when you come to them
you will come to the light and strength
that belong to them."

~Kelty

Found on the sidebar of Mary Pott's blog 'Landing on my Feet' http://inspiredbyerin.blogspot.com/2011/05/quote-of-week.html
in honour of her daughter who died of cancer aged 18

I have also used this quote on my Camino-spirations blog today, thinking of two people I know are starting to walk from Le Puy in the coming week. http://kiwinomadsphotos.blogspot.com/2011/05/for-kay-and-craig.html
Margaret

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
This is incredibly moving Margaret. I have just checked out her Blog too. Beautiful poems and thoughts. Thank you for sharing them with us. Anne

One ship sails east and another sails west
With the self-same winds that blow.
Tis the set of the sail and not the gale
Which determines the way they go.

As the winds of the sea are the ways of fate
As we voyage along through life,
Tis the act of the soul that determines the goal,
And not the calm or the strife.
Of course, on the Camino, it is mostly west!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The hand of Providence often reveals itself retrospectively rather than prospectively to pilgrims. As Kierkegaard observed, life must be understood backwards but lived forward. As pilgrims, we journey into the future, hopeful that in the fullness of time we shall understand how it was that “from the beginning, the fight we were winning.” ~ John S. Tanner

Most read last week in this forum

Or do you prefer Cromwell's attitude? Put your trust in God and keep your powder dry. I am starting to get tired of the attitude that it isn't necessary to take reasonable care and thought...
I struggle with social anxiety and I was wandering if anybody with the same issue had a positive experience on the Camino walking alone. I saw lots of posts and videos people talking about forming...
I am currently walking the Camino Frances with my parents and am enjoying every moment. I brought some euros with me and loaded money onto a cash passport as I thought this would be safe...
I'm always a little apprehensive about posting anything approaching humour on this Forum, for fear of upsetting someone. But here goes . . . I heard this a few years ago, and it made me smile...
I can see where this will help in the eternal search for an open alberque. These "pilgrims" will by-pass many towns and communities during their "walk" leaving many alberques available for...
I’ve been in Le Puy en Valey less than 5 hours and have seen dozens of hikers with dogs.. I think it’s great but .. every book I read says it an “absolute NO” at any of the places to stay. Just...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back