• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Interesting Approach by the State of Oregon

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The state of Oregon is taking an interesting approach to shaming hikers who litter.
Next time I go back to Oregon I am going to find one of those. Just to add one for my return to the Camino. I doubt it would last long before getting spray painted. Would be an interesting thing to watch to see how long it lasted.
Keith

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I live in Oregon. I'll have to look out for those signs.
I'm in Oregon too, and working at a State park. I have never seen one of those, but if we had one, it would need to be in two languages, or many. Just saying.

Also, having done HOURS of Camino walking (nay, days! months!) as well as park working, these are my pet peeves:

1. orange peels on the trail.
2. diapers strewn in odd places (carry a bag, please).
3. the little tiny corner of a granola, candy, etc bar. I mean, thanks for not littering the wrapper, but be vigilant about all of the wrapper.
4. cig butts.
5. toilet paper anywhere, but I really get annoyed when I find it in my private potty place where I am carefully to pack it out.

I'm in Oregon too, and working at a State park. I have never seen one of those, but if we had one, it would need to be in two languages, or many. Just saying.

Also, having done HOURS of Camino walking (nay, days! months!) as well as park working, these are my pet peeves:

1. orange peels on the trail.
2. diapers strewn in odd places (carry a bag, please).
3. the little tiny corner of a granola, candy, etc bar. I mean, thanks for not littering the wrapper, but be vigilant about all of the wrapper.
4. cig butts.
5. toilet paper anywhere, but I really get annoyed when I find it in my private potty place where I am carefully to pack it out.
Deb
Are you at one of the Ocean parks? The picture Made me think maybe inland Like the Pacific trail, up by Mt Hood, they weren't there last April. I will check again when I cut thru Hood river. Nice to know youfound a pretty place for the summer.

Deb
Are you at one of the Ocean parks? The picture Made me think maybe inland Like the Pacific trail, up by Mt Hood, they weren't there last April. I will check again when I cut thru Hood river. Nice to know youfound a pretty place for the summer.

I'm not at one of the ocean parks, but if you know where I am, don't just come by to see me. I'm a volunteer there, and a pilgrim came by to see me at the park and one of the staff actually radio'd me while I was out on a trail---a real no no, as it's not a social radio but a work radio! Pilgrim made the assumption that of course I would want someone just swinging by. Sorry, folks, no!

I must be honest: I can hardly believe that the sign is real. It is much more "in your face" than the State of Oregon typically goes for, and in fact, I don't much like it.

I will be on the lookout to try to figure out what's up with the signs, but people who throw trash around should like the sign. It's just rude enough for them, I guess.

Okay, off to figure this one out.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The bottom right corner of the sign has a logo and the words NICHES Land Trust.
I'm curious about who took the picture, and where. When I Googled NICHES Land Trust I came up with this site, which shows that they manage properties in Indiana.

And a Google search for the sign brought me to this site, also in Indiana, not in Oregon.

I'm not at one of the ocean parks, but if you know where I am, don't just come by to see me. I'm a volunteer there, and a pilgrim came by to see me at the park and one of the staff actually radio'd me while I was out on a trail---a real no no, as it's not a social radio but a work radio! Pilgrim made the assumption that of course I would want someone just swinging by. Sorry, folks, no!

I must be honest: I can hardly believe that the sign is real. It is much more "in your face" than the State of Oregon typically goes for, and in fact, I don't much like it.

I will be on the lookout to try to figure out what's up with the signs, but people who throw trash around should like the sign. It's just rude enough for them, I guess.

Okay, off to figure this one out.
No plan to find you

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I'm curious about who took the picture, and where. When I Googled NICHES Land Trust I came up with this site, which shows that they manage properties in Indiana.

And a Google search for the sign brought me to this site, also in Indiana, not in Oregon.
I found it connected to Indiana in pinterest as well. State entities tend to be conservative, but perhaps @RobertS26 is trying his hand at that unique style of journalism from that other site?! Made me laugh considering it ;)

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
The state of Oregon is taking an interesting approach to shaming hikers who litter.

I saw this the other day and wish I had one to post out in front of my house.
Some jerk leaves about half a pack of cigarette butts out there right in front of my driveway every single night!
I'd like to catch the bugger!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I saw this the other day and wish I had one to post out in front of my house.
Some jerk leaves about half a pack of cigarette butts out there right in front of my driveway every single night!
I'd like to catch the bugger!
I have an 82 year old neighbor who decided to take up smoking at the ripe old age of 80. He leaves all his cigarette butts right between my parked cars in front of my house. I'm pretty sure he's in the early stages of alzheimer so I bite my tongue.
On a side note I couldn't bite my tongue the other night when he rang my bell ( like a madman ) at 12:30 am to tell me the NY Mets lost. Again.

Most read last week in this forum

Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.