Introduction: ALCvA

ALCvA

Jan 26, 2007
Visit site
This forum is a great idea for pilgrims to exchange information.

I'm a 63 year old pilgrim with some experience: Le Puy-en-Velay to Santiago de Compostela (2000); Winchester to Portsmouth and by ferry to Cherbourg and via Barfleur to Le Mont St Michel (2002) and Oporto to Santiago de Compostela (2003).

I'm planning a pilgrimage for next year. I will start from my home in north London and walk to Portsmouth to board a ferry to St Malo. My route in England will follow the Thames Path, Thames Down Link, North Downs Way, St Swithun's Way and Hampshire Millenium Pilgrim's Trail, in that order.

I need a route from St Malo to St Jean-Pied-de-Port and would appreciate help with this. For that matter I'm prepared to entirely revise the route to Santiago de Compostela but I would prefer to walk there from home.

Bon Camino.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

michael

Sep 9, 2005
Visit site
Try researching the French Grand Randonee system. Paths are referred to by GR prefix ie GR65 = Via Podensis Le Puy-en-Velay to Saint Jean Pied de Port.
CSJ website shows map of routes and Cherbourg peninsular shows routes from Mont St Michel.
I hope you write this up and post as would look forward to reading details of your pilgrimage.

Buen camino

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Nov 2, 2004
ZA
www.amawalkerscamino.com
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
England to Santiago

There is a cycle pilgrim's website that shows his journey from Plymouth to Roscoff and then down the west coast of France all the way to San Sebatian and Pamplona.
This might be an option for you. http://www.layte.com/

Or, you could walk one of the oldest pilgrim routes - the Via Turonensis -which is via Paris, Tours, Bordeaux, St Jean and Roncesvalles.

You can find info here:

http://www.csj.org.uk/route-paris.htm

Good luck!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...
Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.