• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

iPhone/Fitbit Charger - Lightning Plug

SuffolkSusie

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Santiago Frances (2022)
On the Francais route this September. Do I need to buy Euro plug adaptors for UK plugs, a Euro plug, or are there facilities to plug my lightning connections straight into the sockets on the Camino? Only electronics I will take are my iPhone and my Fitbit, which both have the lightning plug on the end. Obviously I want to leave as much as possible at home! Many thanks to all. Excited and nervous in equal measure in starting the Camino.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
You will want an adapter. More modern albergues may have a charging port, but more likely you will just have a place to plug in with an adapter.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Spell it as you will. I gave up correcting typos and spelling differences, in spite of a rigorous upbringing and teacher training in Scotland, because times change.
Yes, find a European plug as advised by @henrythedog. It is a good idea to tape the plug to your cable. Incidentally, Apple will soon have to bow to the USB-C formula if I read my tech tips correctly. I will hang on for a while before I have to change cables!
All that being said, Susie - have the best time. One simple step at a time.
And check all your pockets each morning before you leave your sleeping area to make sure you have all the cables, not to mention your precious credential! Buen camino!

Thanks for the good advice. I do love this forum for its valuable help. I’m counting off the days .

If you happen to lose your cable or charger along the way, be sure to ask the hospitalero at the next place if they have any to spare, there is a very good chance that they have a small box of left behind cables. And if you need to buy a new one, many of the medium to large towns have what we call a chinos, and they all sell cables and chargers and everything else under the sun. Same goes for any gas station you come across… but those will be more expensive.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum