• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Irish Pilgrim Routes

pete75

Hello pilgrims,

I am walking the entire Camino Frances in April\May 2011and during my research for this I have been looking at other European Pilgrim routes and came across the Via Francigena from Canterbury to Rome.

This got me thinking if there are any historic pilgrim routes from my home country Ireland to Rome. A Google search came up with this Pilgrim route in 1893 to celebrate the Golden Jubilee of Pope Leo XIII.

http://www.ballymenaparish.org/features/pilgrimage-to-rome-1893

Has anyone any information on Irish pilgrims routes or has anyone brave enough to follow this route?

Happy Christmas everyone

Peter

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello Peter:
I visited your Fair Isle for the first time in August of this year and was entranced. One side trip led me to Glendalough and, having a pilgrimage in mind, I too wondered about pilgrimage routes in Ireland. I visited many book stores enquiring about anything published on pilgrimage routes originating in Ireland and/or the British Isles. I was only able to get my hands on several books with walking trails ( the excellent Irish Coast to Coast Walk ... a Cicerone Guide and the Lonely Planet's Hiking in Ireland). While these have inspired me to think of a long distance walk in Ireland as training for the Camino, I was disappointed that there was no specific pilgrimage info that I could track down.
However .. Simon Layton (Pilgrim Yacht) of this forum is organizing a Camino Ingles from Caterbury and Plymouth to northern Spain and then a 100 mile walk to Santiago for Easter this year. If you have saved your Forum conversations and go back to Nov.26th (I think) you can see a link he has added which shows a similar trip made out of Ireland. You can get further information at http://www.channelyachting.com/CaminoIngles.html or simon@channelyachting.com. Also there has been further information given in this forum on English/Irish maritime routes.
My question to you and others is: Why not develop our own Pilgrimage Route from Ireland to either Rome or Santiago? Are we modern day pilgrims restricted to only following traditional routes? We could develop a route that visits some holy spots in Ireland (perhaps encompassing some familiar walking trails i.e The Wicklow Way ... or heaven forbid even starting on the West coast of Ireland .. Then, from Cork perhaps .. a ship to Spain via one of the old Maritime routes. Alternatively, take the ferry from Dublin to Wales/Britain and make our way across southern England to Canterbury ...(Again many famous walks e.g. Offa's Dyke in Wales and the Southern Coastal Walk in England with visits to ancient holy sites ...this may involve some research) by sea to Spain or overland to either Rome or to Santiago (with a visit to Chartres of course! )... you see what flights of fantasy I indulge in ? But perhaps something of the like could be started in 2012 ... and continue in stages for a couple of years. So much to see and do ... so little time!! Judy

Hi Judy

Thank you for your reply. I must say it was very thought provoking. I agree completely, why we must follow traditional routes? Even tradition has to start at some point.

Personally I believe that connecting with the Via Francigena at Canterbury makes strategic sense. This leaves us with the discussion on where to begin? I too would think the west of Ireland would be a perfect starting point as it is the mostly westerly part of Europe. Maybe Croagh Patrick in Mayo?. Where I live in County Down, we have the St Patricks way which ends in Downpatrick where St Patrick is buried in Down Cathedral.

I will research the maritime routes and look into the links for Simon you have kindly provided.

I would love to hear other suggestions for Pilgrim routes from Ireland to Rome\Santiago?

Peter

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Lads why not start at the most westerly of Irish pilgrimage sites Skellig Michael so that we have the blessings of the archangel and a spectacular launch to our journey. We could then head 'inland' to join the Kerry way to Killarney (taking in the ancient monastic sites at Aghadoe and Innisfallen) then head over the county bounds to Cork via Saint Gobnait's shrine at Ballyvourney. At that point it's either the the sea route to the Galician coast or take a land route to the east coast. Mount Melleray abbey near Lismore would be a good place to stop off and we'd be sure of a welcome from the monks........now look what you've started Peter :lol:
Nell

Hi Nell

Thank you for your reply.

Starting from Skellig Michael is a fantastic suggestion, it only seem appropriate as being the most westerly. It is an Island unfortunately I have never visited, but I can see that changing in the near future.

If we can confirm that there are no organised Pilgrim routes, I can see a organising Committee being setup in 2011! Are you in Nell? :lol:

Peter

Hi,

I’m surprised you don’t take the Breton St James ways in account. HERE the presentation of these routes with a map, by the Breton St James association.

Coming from Ireland, you could use 3 ferry routes : Rosslare-Roscoff or Cherbourg with Irish Ferries and Cork-Roscoff with Brittany Ferries.

Roscoff is close to the starting point of one of the Bretons ways.

You could also use this English guide book (Click HERE) ; it describes what the authors call the “Three Saint’s Way” by starting in Winchester in England to reach St-Jean-d’Angely on the Via Turonensis.

There are some other solutions, for example, by using ferries arriving to Saint Malo, close to Mont-Saint-Michel.

Theo

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Theo said:
Hi,

I’m surprised you don’t take the Breton St James ways in account...
Coming from Ireland, you could use 3 ferry routes : Rosslare-Roscoff or Cherbourg with Irish Ferries and Cork-Roscoff with Brittany Ferries.....

Roscoff is close to the starting point of one of the Bretons ways...

There are some other solutions, for example, by using ferries arriving to Saint Malo, close to Mont-Saint-Michel.

Theo

Yes Peter I'm in!
And Theo that's a great idea. There are so many connections between Ireland and Brittany not the least in aspects of local religious practice and the fact that Irish missionaries like Ronan and Marnoc evangalised Brittany. Locronan still celebrates it's Tromenie which is the christianized version of an extremely ancient celtic nemeton-a scared circuit 12 km long- this echoes the patterns or 'rounds' (mini pilgrimages) of Ireland many of which also adopted pre christian sites/practices adapting them to fit christian practice. In Locronan the 12 pre christian stone markers corresponding to the 12 cycles of the lunar calender became the the 12 'stations' of the Christian procession.

I'm really intrigued by the notion of arriving in Saint Malo and walking to Mont-Saint-Michel as it connects, in it's dedication to archangel Michael, with our starting point of Skellig michael......and keeping that notion going what about trying to cross from Ireland to Cornwall so we could include Saint Michael's mount-again dedicated to the archangel? Then we'd have a trinity of shrines under our belts in the early days!

I've walked parts of the national footpath (I forget what GR number it is) that follows the coast of Brittany and it's spectacular as well as having lots of churches and chapels en route....oh and absolutely fantastic food and drink :lol: .......
N

Nell and Peter:
Please include me in your organizing committee ... although I may not be able to contribute much from my home location in eastern Canada. But please ... give me an excuse to make trip across the big pond! This is beginning to sound so exciting!!

Hi Nell and Judy

Excellent! This is a great start and it’s only been a couple of days. I would suggest we PM each other’s email addresses and ask fellow pilgrims if they would like to contribute.

Peter

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The million dollar question...when are you thinking of going??

As a archaeologist (slightly lapsed) and a pilgrim (pining for the next walk) I feel I should mention that the Heritage Council has been working on a project to revive, protect and support traditional pilgrim paths in Ireland. Maybe these stretches might join up to form a continuous 'camino'

see http://www.heritagecouncil.ie/recreatio ... rim-paths/

Dr Peter Harbison a very well known archaeologist has also published a book on Irish pilgrim routes

Pilgrimage in Ireland: The Monuments and the People By Peter Harbison

Pat.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
pat.holland said:
As a archaeologist (slightly lapsed) and a pilgrim (pining for the next walk) I feel I should mention that the Heritage Council has been working on a project to revive, protect and support traditional pilgrim paths in Ireland. Maybe these stretches might join up to form a continuous 'camino'

see http://www.heritagecouncil.ie/recreatio ... rim-paths/

Dr Peter Harbison a very well known archaeologist has also published a book on Irish pilgrim routes

Pilgrimage in Ireland: The Monuments and the People By Peter Harbison

Pat.

Hi Pat

Many thanks for this information. His book looks an excellent read. Great research material.

Peter

Could you add me to your mailing list please?

About a year ago I was involved in some similar planning discussions, and I have contact info on resources to share with you.

Kitsambler said:
Could you add me to your mailing list please?

About a year ago I was involved in some similar planning discussions, and I have contact info on resources to share with you.

Hi Kitsambler

Thank you for this. Could you PM me your email address?

Peter

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi all,

In case its of interest here is the route I took (in stages, spread over a few years):
Dublin to Rosslare - on foot down the coast
Boat to Cherbourg
Cherbourg to Mont St Michel on foot
Mont St Michel to St Jean (by bike through Rennes, Nantes, Bordeaux)
St Jean to Finestere by foot on French route
I found the French part difficult to walk due to the absence of the supports you get in Spain (albergues, hotels, bars etc)so abandoned my original plan to walk all the way. It is much more practical by bike.

Good luck to all

David

Good thread this.
I have long advocated the establishment of a network of Irish pilgrim trails/sites and mad a proposal to the President's Ideas forum a couple of years ago.
I have completed the Camino Frances on 5 occasions, the Via de la Plata and last September the Via Francigena, all by bicycle.
We could easily develop a network of off road trails if there was a will to do it.
There would be big European interest in this as they value the old Irish connections via the likes of Columbanus who established the monastery at Bobbio in Italy. I diverted to here from the Francigena and followed a route , the Via degli Abati which Irish monks used to connect back to the Via Francigena.
There is a lot of interest in the Irish roots of European monasticism.

Tobyturnips said:
Good thread this.
I have long advocated the establishment of a network of Irish pilgrim trails/sites and mad a proposal to the President's Ideas forum a couple of years ago.
I have completed the Camino Frances on 5 occasions, the Via de la Plata and last September the Via Francigena, all by bicycle.
We could easily develop a network of off road trails if there was a will to do it.
There would be big European interest in this as they value the old Irish connections via the likes of Columbanus who established the monastery at Bobbio in Italy. I diverted to here from the Francigena and followed a route , the Via degli Abati which Irish monks used to connect back to the Via Francigena.
There is a lot of interest in the Irish roots of European monasticism.

Hi Toby, interesting thoughts! I have developed several contacts in relation to establishing routes. I am off to walk the camino frances on Friday for a month and will be in touch once I get back. Pete

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
If you construct your own pilgrimage routes, then you come into the tradition of the 'gyrovagi', those wandering Irish monks of the Celtic church. They were not liked by the Church of Rome, incidentally. Too free.

It may be against the expected direction, but remember Iona, off Mull, founded by Irish monks, for variations on your possible routes. Also St Ninian, 3rd century, in Whithorn, Southern Scotland. This could interest pilgs from the north of the island of Ireland.

A great initiative from you all!

I wish you every success.

Hi all,
Last year I spoke to a business owner here in Waterford who had an old map of the wine routes in his premises and there was reference to a Camino de Santiago from Waterford in the middle ages on this map!
He also claimed that a former mayor had brought his city council on pilgrimage to Santiago, sailing from the port of Waterford, it is evidently recorded in the city history books. Who said junkets only started with FF? :lol:

If somebody is interested I could try to do some research.

John

John, this sounds really interesting. Do ships still sail from Waterford to Spain? Sharon

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks, Theo.
Sharon

Sharon

Waterford was an important port in times past. Today there is only a container facility here.

This year Waterford hosted a stage of the "tall ships race". http://www.waterfordtallshipsrace.ie/

Waterford also had an important mediveal wine trade, it is one of the old Norse cities of Ireland and is located upstream from the port mouth hence it is shelted which is no longer of such importance.
I must go to research the city archives and get copy of what is there on past Pilgrimages as there is referece to them in the archives.

On the past "junkets", I should be more respectful? let us say Pilgrimages :D I believe they possibly landed in Bordeaux.

John

A selection of Camino Jewellery
If anyone's interested in walking one of these Irish routes in June/July of 2012, and would like some company, give me a shout! I need to walk somewhere OUT of the Schengen countries for about 4 to 6 weeks during that time.

Keep in mind my walking limit is about 18 to 25 k per day... I"m not a 40 k girl. :lol:

Anniesantiago said:
If anyone's interested in walking one of these Irish routes in June/July of 2012, and would like some company, give me a shout! I need to walk somewhere OUT of the Schengen countries for about 4 to 6 weeks during that time.

Keep in mind my walking limit is about 18 to 25 k per day... I"m not a 40 k girl. :lol:

It's always a pleasure to do a topic search here on the forum; I've looked up three quite different topics in the last day or so and have been delighted at the wealth of information shared here. Thank you again, Ivar, and everyone who's contributed over time!

Annie, it's been a while since you posted this, but I've been doing Schengen policy research on the forum today and this thread popped up! Are you still headed for Ireland in June/July? I'm curious, if you care to share, why you're looking to leave the Schengen area for just 4 to 6 weeks. I would have guessed you'd need to leave for 90 days, or have you found a way around that?

Will curiously await your reply :).

Rachel

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I find this really interesting, particularly that there are plans to create one route from the south to north of Ireland.
I would love to walk some pilgrim trails here in Ireland, especially as it is on my doorstep, but there is little information.

@KMDActive I hope to walk St Declan's way soon

ps I realise this is an ancient thread but I didn't want to create another :)

David

We walked in Ireland in September 2013. We walked part of the St. Declan's way from Cashel to Cahir and bussed back to Cashel. We walked Croag Partrick from the south up to the top and down to the north by the sea and then hitch hiked to Westport. We did some other paths, but we found it hard as there was much distance between towns and so we would hitch hike and bus, and then walk for a couple of days. We had a great time and pretty good weather except for a day on the Connemare, we got lost in rain and fog crossing by Maumeen. We consulted a book entitled "Pilgrim Paths in Ireland" by John G. O'Dwyer. There is beautiful country from Northern Ireland to Dingle and many placed in-between.

There is talk of making O'Sullivan Bere's march from dursey island to Leitrim village a long distance walk. I would like to do that !
O'Sullivan Bere became a knight of the order of Santiago after his defeat in kinsale and his march to his ally in Leitrim.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
There is talk of making O'Sullivan Bere's march from dursey island to Leitrim village a long distance walk. I would like to do that !
O'Sullivan Bere became a knight of the order of Santiago after his defeat in kinsale and his march to his ally in Leitrim.

Starting from Dursey is recommended alright. I think there is a local bus that gets there.

I think I will walk from Cashel for a few days before I go in September. I haven't tried St Declan's Way.

David

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
We walked in Ireland in September 2013. We walked part of the St. Declan's way from Cashel to Cahir and bussed back to Cashel. We walked Croag Partrick from the south up to the top and down to the north by the sea and then hitch hiked to Westport. We did some other paths, but we found it hard as there was much distance between towns and so we would hitch hike and bus, and then walk for a couple of days. We had a great time and pretty good weather except for a day on the Connemare, we got lost in rain and fog crossing by Maumeen. We consulted a book entitled "Pilgrim Paths in Ireland" by John G. O'Dwyer. There is beautiful country from Northern Ireland to Dingle and many placed in-between.

I feel embarrassed that all these wonders are on my doorstep and they pass me by :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Walking part of St Declans Way this coming Monday, Cashel to to Cahir. Might have time on Tuesday for a 2nd stage to Ardfinnan. Looking forward to it.

Walking part of St Declans Way this coming Monday, Cashel to to Cahir. Might have time on Tuesday for a 2nd stage to Ardfinnan. Looking forward to it.

Watch the signs..we missed one at the round about after crossing the highway and were off track a bit. We meet some helpful people alone the way.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
We walked in Ireland in September 2013. We walked part of the St. Declan's way from Cashel to Cahir and bussed back to Cashel. We walked Croag Partrick from the south up to the top and down to the north by the sea and then hitch hiked to Westport. We did some other paths, but we found it hard as there was much distance between towns and so we would hitch hike and bus, and then walk for a couple of days. We had a great time and pretty good weather except for a day on the Connemara, we got lost in rain and fog crossing by Maumeen. We consulted a book entitled "Pilgrim Paths in Ireland" by John G. O'Dwyer. There is beautiful country from Northern Ireland to Dingle and many placed in-between.
I have ordered this book and should have it in a few days, thanks for the info Ed and Joan, I hope to walk some of these pilgrim paths locally from now on. It can sometimes be the situation that we know other countries and places better than our own.

I have ordered this book and should have it in a few days, thanks for the info Ed and Joan, I hope to walk some of these pilgrim paths locally from now on. It can sometimes be the situation that we know other countries and places better than our own.

I have this book Pat. A good read.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Is there a group walking the Irish routes in 2015? I have done the Camino Frances, the Via Podiensis and the Camino Ingles and always end up in Ireland after...it's my second homeland. I will be in Ireland in May & June of 2015. Carmel

Hello pilgrims,

I am walking the entire Camino Frances in April\May 2011and during my research for this I have been looking at other European Pilgrim routes and came across the Via Francigena from Canterbury to Rome.

This got me thinking if there are any historic pilgrim routes from my home country Ireland to Rome. A Google search came up with this Pilgrim route in 1893 to celebrate the Golden Jubilee of Pope Leo XIII.

http://www.ballymenaparish.org/features/pilgrimage-to-rome-1893

Has anyone any information on Irish pilgrims routes or has anyone brave enough to follow this route?

Happy Christmas everyone

Peter

Seemingly there was a route accross the Bog of Alan, from Galway to Dublin, passing through Edenderry in Offaly. A German msn living in Ireland has written anf published a book on the subject.

Typically irish pilgrims would walk to a bih city and take a boat, ideally to Spain. Guinness is brewrd at St James Gate, the Gate to Dublin from where pilgrims traditionally left by boat.

Past pupils ftom Blackrock College chartered the Irish Famine replica tall ship (Jeanie Johndon) n 2008 and sailed as pilgrims of old to the North of Spain walking along the Camino Ainglaise to Santiago. Chech yheir PPU website for photos

check out the following link

www.historyireland.com and you will find some very interesting information

Last edited:
Hi People,

To mark the end of a working life I'm going on a little bit of a cycle.
In spring 2015 I plan to cycle from home in Athlone to Santiago de Compostello and home again. I plan on getting accommodation in Auberges and with warmshowers and couchsurfing hosts, with the occasional hotel or guesthouse when things get desperate!

This is a nice gentle spin, it should take me about two months!

As a nonbeliever why do I want to do a catholic pilgrimage?
I want to do a tour of of what I call "an atheist's sacred spaces". These are the holy wells and cillins, the industrial schools, the Magdelene laundries and the refugee direct provision sites, the odd little memorials that are carefully written out of official history. I'll see if I can write a short book about the trip.

Just now the plans are:
From home in Athlone cycle up the midlands to Derry. Then down the west coast, through Donegal, Sligo, Mayo, Galway, Clare and Limerick to Cork. Take the ferry to Roscoff, then down the west coast of France to the Spanish border. Across the Pyrenees and across north Spain on Camino Frances to Santiago de Compostella. Continue to Finnestere, back on the Camino del Norte to Santander. Take the ferry to Plymouth and come home via Bristol, Cardiff and Fishguard.
In Ireland my preliminary list of places to visit are:
  • Marian grotto Granard
  • War memorial Enniskillen
  • Omagh high street
  • Derry walls and Free Derry corner
  • Tory island, Tau cross and cursing stones
  • Glenbeigh, scene of the Derryveagh Evictions
  • Arranmore Quaker famine pot and Beaver Island memorial
  • Sligo mental hospital
  • Ceide fields
  • Doolough famine memorial
  • Letterfrack industrial school
  • Claddagh pier
  • Cobh transatlantic liner tender dock

I'm a bit skimpy on the southern part of Ireland and west France. Any suggestions are welcome.

I've been cycling for a lifetime so the actual distance, I guess 3000km in total, is the least of my concerns. Does anyone have information on doing a similar trip? I've only found one report, Michelle and Alan's cycle from Ashbourne, http://www.yourforum.ie/ashbourne/r...1-couples-cycle-pilgrimage-adventure#comments

Many thanks
Gerry

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi People,

To mark the end of a working life I'm going on a little bit of a cycle.
In spring 2015 I plan to cycle from home in Athlone to Santiago de Compostello and home again. I plan on getting accommodation in Auberges and with warmshowers and couchsurfing hosts, with the occasional hotel or guesthouse when things get desperate!

This is a nice gentle spin, it should take me about two months!

As a nonbeliever why do I want to do a catholic pilgrimage?
I want to do a tour of of what I call "an atheist's sacred spaces". These are the holy wells and cillins, the industrial schools, the Magdelene laundries and the refugee direct provision sites, the odd little memorials that are carefully written out of official history. I'll see if I can write a short book about the trip.

Just now the plans are:
From home in Athlone cycle up the midlands to Derry. Then down the west coast, through Donegal, Sligo, Mayo, Galway, Clare and Limerick to Cork. Take the ferry to Roscoff, then down the west coast of France to the Spanish border. Across the Pyrenees and across north Spain on Camino Frances to Santiago de Compostella. Continue to Finnestere, back on the Camino del Norte to Santander. Take the ferry to Plymouth and come home via Bristol, Cardiff and Fishguard.
In Ireland my preliminary list of places to visit are:
  • Marian grotto Granard
  • War memorial Enniskillen
  • Omagh high street
  • Derry walls and Free Derry corner
  • Tory island, Tau cross and cursing stones
  • Glenbeigh, scene of the Derryveagh Evictions
  • Arranmore Quaker famine pot and Beaver Island memorial
  • Sligo mental hospital
  • Ceide fields
  • Doolough famine memorial
  • Letterfrack industrial school
  • Claddagh pier
  • Cobh transatlantic liner tender dock

I'm a bit skimpy on the southern part of Ireland and west France. Any suggestions are welcome.

I've been cycling for a lifetime so the actual distance, I guess 3000km in total, is the least of my concerns. Does anyone have information on doing a similar trip? I've only found one report, Michelle and Alan's cycle from Ashbourne, http://www.yourforum.ie/ashbourne/r...1-couples-cycle-pilgrimage-adventure#comments

Many thanks
Gerry
Hi Gerry,
Wow. That's going to be some trip!
A lot of emotion, heartache and history in all those Irish sites.
Burn Camino,
Audrey

Hi Gerry,
Wow. That's going to be some trip!
A lot of emotion, heartache and history in all those Irish sites.
Burn Camino,
Audrey
That should have been Buen!!
Should be wearing glasses!

Hi all,
Last year I spoke to a business owner here in Waterford who had an old map of the wine routes in his premises and there was reference to a Camino de Santiago from Waterford in the middle ages on this map!
He also claimed that a former mayor had brought his city council on pilgrimage to Santiago, sailing from the port of Waterford, it is evidently recorded in the city history books. Who said junkets only started with FF? :lol:

If somebody is interested I could try to do some research.

John

Hi John here's a link to a great site with information about the Mayor of Waterford you you mentioned
http://pilgrimagemedievalireland.co...ury-irish-pilgrim-to-santiago-de-compostella/
N

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Is there a group walking the Irish routes in 2015? I have done the Camino Frances, the Via Podiensis and the Camino Ingles and always end up in Ireland after...it's my second homeland. I will be in Ireland in May & June of 2015. Carmel
Hi Carmel,
Well if you're still on for a bit of a tramp contact me (I'll pm my contact details) and maybe we can figure something out? Perhaps Togher Padraig and then Croagh Patrick or, if you want to go hard core, the 3 day Pilgrimage 'St Patricks purgatory' on Lough Derg?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back