Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Irish Pilgrim Tip

micamino73

Hi, for any Irish Pilgrims wondering about getting to Oviedo to start the Primitivo.

There is a Ryanair flight to Santander every Wednesday and Sunday, the flight gets in at a good time to get an ALSA bus from Santander to Oviedo. https://www.alsa.es

Total costs to Oviedo from Dublin is about 90 euros if you book in advance, 65 for the flight and 20 for the buses.

Return flights with Aerlingus from Santiago to Dublin, around 100 euros I think.

https://www.facebook.com/Camino-Pri...ela-June-2016-1506619823001798/?ref=bookmarks

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thanks @micamino73, that's good to know. We're also walking the Primitivo this year, but arriving there via the Del Salvador from Leon. We're flying Aer Lingus to Madrid and returning from Santiago. We got good value flights - about €130 return.

@micamino73 @NualaOC I am trying something different. The last Ryanair from Dublin to Stansted, arriving 23:15 and then the first Easyjet out to Oviedo 0700. Er, and a night on the floor of the airport or perhaps in a coffee shop!
€115 one way including checked in bag. Coming back Aer Lingus. I am hoping the convenience of flying to Oviedo will make up for the pentitential night in Stansted. And arriving early in the day at Oviedo will give a long day to recover before setting out the next day.
Nuala you seem to have got a bargain!
I leave 28th April. Buen Camino to you both.

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
@micamino73 @NualaOC I am trying something different. The last Ryanair from Dublin to Stansted, arriving 23:15 and then the first Easyjet out to Oviedo 0700. Er, and a night on the floor of the airport or perhaps in a coffee shop!
€115 one way including checked in bag. Coming back Aer Lingus. I am hoping the convenience of flying to Oviedo will make up for the pentitential night in Stansted. And arriving early in the day at Oviedo will give a long day to recover before setting out the next day.
Nuala you seem to have got a bargain!
I leave 28th April. Buen Camino to you both.

Hi @timr, that's another good option for getting to Ovidedo.

I agree that we managed to get a bargain. That's the least we've ever paid for Aer Lingus Camino flights! I booked them last week and was very pleasantly surprised. We fly out in late September and come home mid-October - I expect that we got the benefit of booking relatively early.

Buen Camino and hope you mange to get some sleep in Standsted!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, I am having trouble finding any information regarding the stages on the Verde. Is there a current thread, please? Where would I cross over to the Verde from the Primitivo and is there...
Hi Erika - this is Andrina. We met on the way. I found your pilgrim passport. Let me know how I can return it to you

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back