• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Is there an albergue at Campomanes?

Kiwi-family

{Rachael, the Mama of the family}
Time of past OR future Camino
walking every day for the rest of my life
My notes say someone on here has said there is (Laurie maybe?)...but Gronze has no sign of it. Any idea of price? (I'm guessing it's a private one) And facilities? (especially food!)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
No, Fatma is right, there is only a private pension. The last time I walked the Salvador, I met with Ender (the guy who spends his life keeping things clear on this Camino, who built the bridge into Poladura, and who wrote the guide that Fatma linked you to) -- anyway, Ender explained that there is huge municipal resistance to an albergue in Campomanes and they have been fighting for a long time without success. There is one in Mieres, though it closed for a brief time last year. (I just through that out in case that was what you remembered me saying). What stages are you planning to walk on the Salvador, Rachael? Laurie

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
My notes say someone on here has said there is (Laurie maybe?)...but Gronze has no sign of it. Any idea of price? (I'm guessing it's a private one) And facilities? (especially food!)
Hi...There is a fantastic albergue just south of Campomanes in the village of Benduenos. It is run by a lovely woman called Sandra who lives in the village with her family. Search Benduenos and you should find an earlier post of mine.
Buen Camino John.

I agree with John's assessment of Benduenos. It is a fantastic albergue. Its location isn't ideal but everything else about it is. You can either walk a very short day from Pajares (about 14 km I think) or walk a long day from Poladura (around 30).

The albergue is about 2.5 km off-Camino. There is a very clear marking in the hamlet of Herias, showing you where to turn left to head up hill (and I do mean UP). The next morning, I retraced my steps down to Herias, though there is a turn-off showing a path to Campomanes from outside Benduenos. It wasn't totally clear to me which path of two to take, so I just went back to Herias. If anyone more adventurous stays there, it would be a good service to other pilgrims if someone would figure out which of the paths goes down to Campomane and report back. That would save a few kms on the walk the next day to Mieres.

And btw, if you stay at Benduenos, you are just about 90 mins from the church at Santa Cristina, a NOT TO BE MISSED visit. The woman in charge of opening it lives nearby, and though the visiting hours on the door have an 11 am opening time, she will come up for pilgrims if she is around. I called at about 9:15 and she was happy to come up.

Most read last week in this forum

(Soon-) Live from the Camino del Salvador - starting end of April 24. We are currently on the Camino de Invierno around 43km before reaching Santiago - from there we will catch a bus to Leon to...
First time posting Live? Left León at 8am. Arrived at Cabanillas 2. The path is very beautiful. 20km total. Followed the River. At first town we went to the lovely Bar and Tienda. I bought cheese...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.