• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

LIVE from the Camino It is HOT from León (and before)

Time of past OR future Camino
See signature.
I started from León on Monday 6 June and the temperatures increased from 28°C to 36°C along with the altitude. From Astorga to La Faba was hot, hot, hot after 10:30/11:00. If you are heading to that section please ensure you have lots of water, a wide brimmed hat and plenty of sunblock. I am now in Fronfría and it is a lovely 25°C. Today was so much more pleasant to walk.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
We gotta make it Sunday when temps should drop. 35C now in Tardajos. Only bed I could find, a 10 km day out of Burgos.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I sadly believe these temperatures are only going to get more intense and start earlier in the Spring and stretch later into Autumn. I am no climate scientist but I read what they are predicting and it seems that the only thing they are incorrect about is the permanent onset of far more drastic and damaging weather changes. Unfortunately they are wrong because the onset is happening sooner rather than later.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Mid-nineties this week and over 100F next week here in the US South. Not that unusual but much earlier this year and quick onset makes it hard to prepare for.
Stay safe!

Attachments

• 2EBCD8C4-B159-446B-B12C-420519BB0A54.jpeg
    64.1 KB · Views: 2
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum