• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Joining Del Norte from Santander airport

nedspencer

They gave me this T-shirt to stop me singing!
Time of past OR future Camino
May 2013 - Camino Frances.
Sep 2015 - Del Norte from Santander
Sep 2017 - Ingles from Ferrol
HI
I am starting Del Norte from Santander - I fly in arriving about 10:30.
Does anyone know if it is easy to walk from the airport to say Santa Cruz de Bezana?
Or should I take the bus in to town and start from there?
Thanks
Ned

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Google maps shows that it's only 9 km from the airport, but it will require walking along the N highway. Not usually a good thing, in my experience. Whatever you decide, prepare for the fact that the first three or four days from Santander are almost 100% asphalt, it's a killer for the feet. Buen camino, Laurie

Easy tomdo in terms of distance, and most certainly a place where you want to stay. Only issue is not getting list getting out of town, pay attention to the arrows or get good instructions.

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum

Are supermercados or other grocery stores open on Sundays on del Norte? Are restaurants open? Specifically, I will likely find myself in these towns on Sundays: Castro-Urdiales, Comillas...
I’m on day 2 of the CDN and I’m just blown away by the views. Day 1 Irun to San Sebastián, day 2 San Sebastián to Askizu Buen Camino
Hi! I’m a Camino newbie planning on walking Camino del Norte this May-June. I have previous hiking experience and do well on longer distances and so on, but not any super recent multi day long...
Elevation map shows this is really steep! What’s the best way from downtown Hondarribia up there? Then wish me luck on the Purgatorio—I am a nervous wreck.
My group of six arrives in Irun on May 20 and we're starting our Camino on May 21. Since it's the beginning of the busy season, I'm wondering if we should order trekking poles from Amazon Espana...
On the Norte...started Morgo headed to Santilanna del mer...today...wonderful walk.... 1st 7k and last 7k ...the middle industrail zone was meh. Just past polonca met loverly local spanish...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.