• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Jpflavin's pictures from Cercedilla-Segovia

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
But now I can't figure out how to upload a little video he sent -- can anyone send some instructions or helpful tips?
Do you have YouTube/Vimeo/similar account, Laurie? That would be the easiest to post link to that video here.
Or uploaded to Dropbox and shared?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
None of the above, I'm afraid. Would you be able to post it if I sent it to you? :)
I've just opened my account on YouTube. Send me the video clip via e-mail (you still have it?) and we'll see how this thing works ;)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Oh my! ::maniacal laughter:::
I'm not prepared to walk through the snow! lol!
I'm glad I've walked this section already b/c I won't feel guilty training or taxi-ing around it!

Oh my! ::maniacal laughter:::
I'm not prepared to walk through the snow! lol!
I'm glad I've walked this section already b/c I won't feel guilty training or taxi-ing around it!

Well, it looks like there are three trains a day from Cercedilla to Segovia, at 12:30, 5 pm and 8 pm (at least on weekdays). 40 minutes. So people can walk to Cercedilla, and the next day, give it a try going up. If there is too much snow, come back down and hop on the 12:30 train. How much longer for you, Annie?

I am having my pre-Camino pizza in Madrid. Went to Mass and obtained a sello to start my credential, and an extra shell for Denise, at the Iglesia Santiago y San Juan Bautista.

Also, I am VERY glad I included the extra Polar Tec pullover to wear under my other zip-front fleece. It was 39 (f) when I left my hotel at 8:30 am. But now it is nearly 60 (f) and the sun is hot. Not a cloud in the sky. I can only hope this weather lasts, at least through Segovia.

I am off tomorrow morning. Later folks...

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I am having my pre-Camino pizza in Madrid. Went to Mass and obtained a sello to start my credential, and an extra shell for Denise, at the Iglesia Santiago y San Juan Bautista.

Also, I am VERY glad I included the extra Polat Tec pullover to wear under my other zip-front fleece. It was 39 (f) when I left my hotel at 8:30 am. But now it is nearly 60 (f) and the sun is hot. Not a cloud in the sky. I can only hope this weather lasts, at least through Segovia.

I am off tomorrow morning. Later folks...
It looks like weather will improve and two possible days of snow have now moved forward on Tuesday and Wednesday (less than 2cm of snow if any...). I'm sure you will have nicer conditions than Joe.

Well, it looks like there are three trains a day from Cercedilla to Segovia, at 12:30, 5 pm and 8 pm (at least on weekdays). 40 minutes. So people can walk to Cercedilla, and the next day, give it a try going up. If there is too much snow, come back down and hop on the 12:30 train. How much longer for you, Annie?

7 more sleeps :)
Thanks for the info, Laurie!

Thanks for the information. I will be up there June. I sleep on the mountain the last 4 years as my start. Got snowed on in 2013. yo bear! I am prepared for the weather.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Kind of looks like my training walks! Of course I won't be taking my winter coat or my creepers when I leave NEXT WEEK!!

I think my above reply might give the impression that I minimize the difficulty of going over that pass with snow and ice as Joe described. I did not mean to do that. I do hike/walk in snow and ice around here, but I know the terrain and I have the right equipment and clothing for the weather. I meant no disrespect nor do I want to minimize the concerns expressed. I won't go over the pass myself if conditions continue as described above.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everybody, Which is the best way by foot : Uclès to Madrid or Madrid to Uclès (in july !)? And where find informations about accomodation ? Thank you

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.