• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

June 2013

peregrina2013

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPP a Santiago- 07 2013, Primitivo, 09 2014. San Francisco 06 2016
I'm finally doing it after thinking about it and waiting for that compelling moment- that is now! I have bought my ticket from Toronto to Paris and will start in SJPP, arriving through Biarritz on June 8th. Anyone starting out Sunday June 9th? I'm so excited thinking of the challenge, discovery of oneself and others. We will see what the road brings...bon chemin!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hey Peregrino2013.Myself and my girlfriend arrive in St Jean june 9th and start walking on june 10th.You are going to love the Camino.It will be my 2nd time

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
It looks like we maybe on the same flight from Toronto to Paris. My flight gets to Paris in the morning 9:45am of June 8th, I will take a train through Bayonne to SJPP, starting the trek on the 9th to Orisson. I am taking the Route Napoleon. Yes, I am very excited as well, looking forward to what the road will bring. keep in touch.

Hello Youren

I'm sure we will be able to meet at the start of the trail. I'll get into Paris around 8 am, fly through to Bayonne and then hoping to take the 2 pm train on the 8th. We might even meet on the train. I'll start early and get to Roncevalles on the night of the 9th. Only 2 months and 7 days and we will be walking! I'm walking by myself and looking forward to thoughts, meditation, meeting others, sharing stories and enjoying speaking more than one language!
One of my girlfriends has done it in 2011 (800 km in 32 days alone) and 2012 (500 km with her daughter)- she believes it is one of the most amazing experiences of her life!
Where are you from? I'm from Ontario, Canada.

It is great that you have more than two months to walk, I have total 40 days and hope to get to Finistrre by bus, if I can make it. But I plan to take my first day slow, 8 miles only, over night at Orison, not to take the valley route. I will have some time enjoy SHPP in the mornkng resting after my long flight. on the 10th, i will not stay at Roncevalles, push a little forward to the next town, have made albergue reservation for these first three nights, so I can just concentrate on how to get there and enjoy the road. Afterwards I will go with the flow. I am a woman doing solo as well. I live near Seattle, US. I have looking for similar things as yours.
Since you have much more time, you will get to enjoy more. Take it easy at the beginning. Yes, we will run into each other for sure.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
18 days til departure! :D This is one of the great moments in life when a dream slowly becomes reality. I am looking forward to what the road will give me- all my experiences will be growth and a true privilege, pain, tears, laughter,joy and all! Buen Camino!

My husband and I start June 8th from SJPP.

The Camino Season is upon us.
I am so jealous of you all for beginning the Camino in June.
Your first Camino is more memorable than your first kiss.

God bless you and keep you safe.
David, Victoria, Canada.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I'm going to start from SJPDP on the 14th. :) This will be my first!!! I'm soooooooooooo excited! :)

eszterem1 said:
I'm going to start from SJPDP on the 14th. :) This will be my first!!! I'm soooooooooooo excited! :)

I hear you! I'm so excited that I've almost started counting minutes! I may see you on the way!

David from Victoria, my fellow Canadian, I'll have a thought for you as I walk my first Camino!

Hi my name is Ben my brother Mick and sister Jenny and myself have talked about doing the Camino for 3 years and now its all come together were starting our Walk on June 4th 2013 from SJPP to Santiago and then onto Finisterre very excited any one else starting on June 4 th from SJPP see you all out there

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Buen Camino Ben, Mick and Jenny. I'm starting from Lourdes on the 30th May and hope to see you on the way...

I leave home on June 5th and start walking from SJPP on the 8th. I fly into Paris (CDG) and take a train (also CDG) to Bordeaux. I stay over night and catch a train at 7am to go to Bayonne where I get on a bus for SJPP. I arrive about 12:30, so I have the rest of the day to get everything done —pilgrim's passport, send bag ahead, et cetera— and start walking the next day. It will be a relief to walk after all the planes and trains and what goes with them.
Buen Camino

eszterem1 said:

Tony and I start out on 13th so we will be a day ahead of you, but I'm sure you'll soon catch up with us two geriatrics. I've set up a blog for the Camino, my first - http://brendancamino.wordpress.com - you can see what we look like there. Hope to see you along the Way.
Buen Camino
Brendan :)

Who cares about the meaning of life? Be aware of being alive now in this present moment.

€46,-
We are 2 Kiwis starting from Pampalona on Wed 12 June. We leave London on Tues 11th to Bilbao. We will walk for 2 weeks - looking forward to the Camino and meeting fellow pilgrims! Trish & Ian :D

It is with great sadness that we have to announce that Brendan Stone – father, brother, granddad and father-in law – died suddenly and tragically on Monday 3rd June whilst out preparing for his pilgrimage to Santiago, just over a week before he was due to take part in this great adventure with his good friend Tony.

Many thanks to everyone for their kind thoughts and support. Brendan lived life to the full and is an inspiration for so many through his love, kindness and acceptance.

We miss him terribly.

God bless,

Michael and Thomas (his sons).

BrendanJoseph said:
It is with great sadness that we have to announce that Brendan Stone – father, brother, granddad and father-in law – died suddenly and tragically on Monday 3rd June whilst out preparing for his pilgrimage to Santiago, just over a week before he was due to take part in this great adventure with his good friend Tony.

Many thanks to everyone for their kind thoughts and support. Brendan lived life to the full and is an inspiration for so many through his love, kindness and acceptance.

We miss him terribly.

God bless,

Michael and Thomas (his sons).

My condolences to his family and friends. He passed with a great dream and we will think of him as we walk.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back