• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

June start CF

snale

Time of past OR future Camino
arles
vdlp
le puy
Hi,
I'm looking for some advice. Due to family commitments, my CF needs to be brought forward to an early June start or deferred until next April.
I'm a seasoned walker, having done the VDLP, Arles (twice), Le Puy and the Norde, so I understand the requirements. Plus I don't need to stay at municipal Albergues.
My issues are around the problems I may face during the June/July period in terms of weather, crowds and booking accommodation or winging it. I'll be walking alone this time so not sure this is an advantage. I really don't want to put it off until next year.
Any advice from those who have walked at this time would be much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Until you get to Galicia, the Camino Francés will be less busy than in April, May, or September. On hot days start and end your walking early.
Go and buen Camino!

June will be hot enough but not too hot. It’s doable and not as hot as July and August. Accommodation is always an issue but not enough to cancel or postpone your pilgrimage. If you have some flexibility with times and budget, accommodation will not be a problem 99% of the time. I agree with Trecile above, start and finish early and temp won’t bowl you over.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thanks for your responses.
I have just noticed there are other threads raising same concerns regarding June/July

Hi,
I'm looking for some advice. Due to family commitments, my CF needs to be brought forward to an early June start or deferred until next April.
I'm a seasoned walker, having done the VDLP, Arles (twice), Le Puy and the Norde, so I understand the requirements. Plus I don't need to stay at municipal Albergues.
My issues are around the problems I may face during the June/July period in terms of weather, crowds and booking accommodation or winging it. I'll be walking alone this time so not sure this is an advantage. I really don't want to put it off until next year.
Any advice from those who have walked at this time would be much appreciated.
If you really don't want to put it off until next year, I wouldn't. I walked the CF in July/August with a teenager who really doesn't like heat. It was doable. Compared to that, I'm sure June will be a breeze. Just start a bit early to get most of the walking done before the hottest part of the day if the forecast is hot.

In terms of crowds and accommodations, June is not a peak month for departures from SJPP. That would be May and September. And if you are walking by yourself, that just gives you all the more flexibility.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.