• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Kaps Hostal in Vigo

Teresa Pilgrim

Time of past OR future Camino
October 2019?
Kaps hostal in Vigo — Not clean. No towels or soap. Incredible rudeness and really unhelpful to the point of being obstructive.
Buen Camino 🙏

Note from the mods — edited to conform with our policy on negative reviews.

Last edited by a moderator:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi all, Kaps hostal in Vigo. Not clean. No towels or soap. Incredible rudeness and really unhelpful to the point of being obstructive.
Burn Camino 🙏
On booking it receives average score of 7.3 out of 10 based on 659: reviews. On TripAdvisor it receives score of 3.5 out of 5 based on 88 reviews.
The lack of soap or towel wouldn't have impacted greatly as many walker's carry these as part of recommended kit. The cleanliness of the establishment could be subjective and expect that on the Camino you often have to take the rough with the smooth. The building looks like it was a converted office space and from photographs it looks contemporary and it's not somewhere I would immediately think of booking but after a long days hike if it was only space available I'd be grateful. Your comment is valid but maybe not a true reflection of the establishment and maybe lesson is too book ahead, only stay in Albergues that receive an above average score or lower expectations, go with the flow and stay in the municipal Albergues, a wonderful support network and excellent value for money but no towels or soap 🤠

Last edited:
Did you asked for towels? When we stayed there last year, both the two ladies, one when we arrived the afternoon and the next morning when we left were very friendly and helpfull

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Our forum policy is to allow negative commentary on places, but we don’t accept commands like “don’t stay here!” That may be a distinction without much of a difference, but I have edited the original post to reflect that policy. I would have just deleted it so that the OP could rephrase his own words, but that would have deleted the entire thread. And since there are subsequent posts that counter the negativity, I have left it up.

So please, refrain from telling people what to do when you post!

Kaps hostal in Vigo — Not clean. No towels or soap. Incredible rudeness and really unhelpful to the point of being obstructive.
Buen Camino 🙏

Note from the mods — edited to conform with our policy on negative reviews.
I posted on this earlier and deleted it but having thought about it decide to post again differently!
Sometimes after a hard or bad day on the Camino emotions are high and tiredness can trigger situations that may not happen usually. Maybe a pilgrim should only post on Albergue opinions after they finish their trip and are home for a week . I do not believe anyone working in an Albergue intends to anything but helpful to pilgrims. Soap and towel is your own responsibility and every pilgrim should know that going . Enjoy the rest of the journey.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Can I add that we ought to be a little sensitive too the original poster, its only there second post and on the assumption they are newbie the rules regarding soap and towels may not have featured highly in their priorities and I expect grubby facilities everywhere considering amount of pilgrims passing through with their own questionable hygiene processes or bags on bed, dirty boots in room, flushing of toilet's or lack of it,.. etc 🤠

Last edited:
Maybe a pilgrim should only post on Albergue opinions after they finish their trip and are home for a week . I do not believe anyone working in an Albergue intends to anything but helpful to pilgrims. Soap and towel is your own responsibility and every pilgrim should know that going .
Kaps Hostel in Vigo is a hostel, not an albergue for pilgrims. On their website, under "Services", they do list towels. And, intriguingly, not only a video games room but also a shop for stag/hen party items.

A pilgrim, of course, has to be grateful for everything ...

Last edited:
I stayed there in May. It was very clean then, and very modern in a sterile/soulless way. But, it was the closest & cheapest place to the Camino and saved me from walking all the way in to Vigo on a long kilometer day. There’s a supermarket nearby and Kaps has a great kitchen so I was happy enough.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I stayed here a couple of weeks ago. It’s more of a tourist hostel than a pilgrim albergue. Lots of young people hanging around the front lobby. There are restaurants and grocery stores nearby and it’s relatively close to the Camino path.
While I think soap and a towel are things that a pilgrim would consider luxuries, hot water is not! I did not have ANY hot water during my stay and wasn’t able to shower. I would agree that the people working there are rude because they just shrugged when I complained and offered no solution. I would also NOT recommend this hostel because not being able to shower at the end of a long day, is certainly an unpleasant experience!

Kaps Hostel in Vigo is a hostel, not an albergue for pilgrims. On their website, under "Services", they do list towels. And, intriguingly, not only a video games room but also a shop for stag/hen party items.

A pilgrim, of course, has to be grateful for everything ...
I stayed there a few years ago. It was clean the young folks staffing the place were friendly enough. As far as I know, there is no other hostal or albergue in Vigo. Please correct me if anyone knows of another one, I would like it for future reference.
It wasn't as "pilgrim" oriented, because it is not a Pilgrim hostel or Albergue. It seemed to me to be more of a student hostel. Though I was in my 70s at the time it was fine for a nights rest.

"As far as I know, there is no other hostal or albergue in Vigo."

Booking.com shows one other one in central Vigo, near the railway station--Hostel Lapplandia. It seems to get good reviews and is inexpensive, but may be further from the camino than you want to stray!

Bom caminho...

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

I’ll be finishing the Caminho Português next month. Last year I wore Hoka Challenger 6 ATR shoes. I did have some blisters and foot pain, but a lot could have been due to the 30+km days from...
We arrived in Porto by train from Lisbon yesterday afternoon. Long haul from Australia via Singapore, Milan and Madrid departed April 23. Our first encounter with other pilgrams was when 3...
Hello pilgrims, I have unfortunately hurt my knee(s) on the second day of walking from Porto. I pushed through some more kilometers, but I had to take a break in Marinhas. I tried everything to...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...
I have a new copy of the guide to Camino Portuguese by Kat (I think) XX. My question is: is there anyone who is going to Lisbon/ Porto who could pop it in the Albergue municipal/ or use it and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back