Search 69,459 Camino Questions

La Mesa Albergue Closed?

notion900

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
>
I just saw this on the Gronze website:

Está cerrado, porque según dicen los vecinos la mujer que lo regentaba se ha jubilado. A 29.diciembre.2016

Does anyone know if the albergue has re-opened for 2017?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I just saw this on the Gronze website: Está cerrado, porque según dicen los vecinos la mujer que lo regentaba se ha jubilado. A 29.diciembre.2016. Does anyone know if the albergue has re-opened for 2017?
Hola @notion900 - sorry but my Spanish not up to standard - below is the translation from Google Crome:

It is closed, because the neighbors say the woman who ran it has retired. A 29.december.2016

Second point - (again sorry) but where is Gronze - which Camino? Third for us poor linguistic challenged would it be asking too much to provide a rough translation of such information?? Thanks again. SM

Hola @notion900 - sorry but my Spanish not up to standard - below is the translation from Google Crome:

It is closed, because the neighbors say the woman who ran it has retired. A 29.december.2016

Second point - (again sorry) but where is Gronze - which Camino? Third for us poor linguistic challenged would it be asking too much to provide a rough translation of such information?? Thanks again. SM
Gronze is a website as stated in the post. You are in the Camino Primitivo section of the forum.

Google translate is your friend and you obviously did just fine. Relax and adapt :)

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
@Saint Mike II gronze.com is a fantastic website, you are missing out if you don't use it. It's in Spanish but all the maps and accommodation lists are self explanatory. It has the cool function that you can search on any village and it will tell you what camino it is on.

Now can anyone update on the albergue I mentioned?

@Saint Mike II gronze.com is a fantastic website, you are missing out if you don't use it. It's in Spanish but all the maps and accommodation lists are self explanatory. It has the cool function that you can search on any village and it will tell you what camino it is on.

Now can anyone update on the albergue I mentioned?

I guess you are referring to the etapa Pola de Allande to La Mesa?

Acording to Eroski it is still open. Normally they are up to date. And even if the lady is retired , seeing it is a municipal I hope they found someone else to continue with the place. Seeing the growth of numbers of pilgrims on the Primitivo that would be a wise decision.

But when in doubt why not mail to the ayuntamiento / town hall of Grandas de Salime?

http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/albergue-de-peregrinos-de-la-mesa

Good luck.

Last edited:
Eroski also says 'Disponibilidad del albergue: CERRADO temporalmente'
I will email the Ayuntamiento.

Someone called Carlos commented 'Suciedad total' ! so maybe just as well it's closed up for now!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Eroski also says 'Disponibilidad del albergue: CERRADO temporalmente'
I will email the Ayuntamiento.

Someone called Carlos commented 'Suciedad total' ! so maybe just as well it's closed up for now!

Ai yes I just saw some pics...could do with some cleaning...

Google translate is your friend and you obviously did just fine. Relax and adapt :)
Google translate does not always work well, we have seen some very garbled messages. Best for us to translate for the benefit of non-Spanish speakers IMO, especially as this is an 'English language' forum.

The La Mesa albergue was a municipal, I thought, and being run from Grandas when we were there some time ago. It was, apparently, being abused by some who stopped over for siesta and then went on having paid nothing and leaving a mess. Hopefully someone will take it on and it will re-open.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
La Mesa functions as an overflow albergue for Berducedo, for people coming from the Hospitales. I can see why it would have problems, as it's 5km from Berducedo, which is a long way to walk if you thought you were going to sleep at Berducedo but found everything full, but much too short for a stage.

Apparently the lady running it had started doing food and it was really good for a while, let's try to find out what happened to it, and support it if it looks good now. It's in a lovely setting: I didn't stay there but walked past it.

Suciedad total means utter dirtiness btw. But other people then commented and said he was being mean!

Gracias to all who enlightened me. As good as Google Crome is - it does have limitations. Thanks also for the advice about Gronze.com. I do seem to recall some comments about it - back in the dim & distant past. (The reason I asked for posts to be in English rather than some other language as that is what is requested - in the rules!)

Cheers

Most read last week in this forum

Thanks to those of you who have wished me Buen Camino pm! My plan was Salvador/Prim, but 1) cold feet because of a knee (old injury) and 2) would have to rush with no possibilty of short/rest...
We are arriving in Madrid on May 5th. I went online today to purchase train tickets to Oviedo and it doesn't show any train service. Does that mean the trains are sold out? Or maybe some other...
Hi, has anyone walked the Primitivo in mid-October? What was it like? Weather, tracks and accommodation? I plan to walk from Oviedo to Lugo only, then bus to Santiago after. Thanks for your input.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.