• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Last year's credencial

frida1

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances April 11-May 11 2014
In September 2015 I started the Portugues Camino from Tomar. I broke my leg and had to return home. I plan to continue on this September. I assume I can use the same credential, and just add to it, even though it's a year old. Is this correct?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
In September 2015 I started the Portugues Camino from Tomar. I broke my leg and had to return home. I plan to continue on this September. I assume I can use the same credential, and just add to it, even though it's a year old. Is this correct?

Yes you are correct.
Wishing you a safe continuation.
Bom caminho!

Thank you. I completed the Frances in 2014, and I hope to get to Santiago and on to Finisterre and Muxia this year from Albergaria, where I fell before.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I did that. I just added in "departing place" a slash and the new place (as in "Saint Jean Pied de Port/ León"), because I wanted the compostela and thought that the volunteers at Pilgrim's Office would notice the date interval (which they did, actually). But I don't know if it matters, really.

Correct! Just use your old one (provided it is one of the standard ones issued/approved by the cathedral) and you will be fine.

For the Compostela they only look at the last 100km for pilgrims on foot, get two stamps/day for that and you are fine if you can declare you did the Camino for religious/spiritual reasons.

Buen Camino sin accidentes! SY

Thanks for the replies. Since many people do camino in stages I thought it must be ok. But it's goo to be confirmed.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
For the Compostela they only look at the last 100km for pilgrims on foot, get two stamps/day for that and you are fine if you can declare you did the Camino for religious/spirituahl reasons. Buen Camino sin accidentes! SY

Yes...theoretically. I did not always collect two stamps per day the last 100k (too lazy, I suppose) but this was not a problem. On the other side, the kind volunteer at Pilgrim's Office had many questions about a new albergue (St Thomas of Canterbury) in León where I started my second time...finally, she said ("ok, you have also the stamp of the Basilica of San Isidoro") so, I got my Compostela. I found this rather odd. But not a big issue, anyway.

For Spanish pilgrims it is really common to walk the Camino in stages, or even Saturday by Saturday, so the pilgrims office is well used to it.
Buen Camino, SY

Most read last week in this forum