Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Late Arrival at Asturias Airport - Where to sleep?

Alvaro Lara

Time of past OR future Camino
French (2017), Portuguese (Central 2017, Lisbon-Porto 2018, Coastal 2019), Primitivo (2018 x2)
Hello - I'm arriving at the Asturias Airport at around midnight tonight and am looking for a place to sleep? I read somewhere that the airport closes overnight so it doesn't seem to be an option..
Anything suggestions help! Thanks

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hello - I'm arriving at the Asturias Airport at around midnight tonight and am looking for a place to sleep? I read somewhere that the airport closes overnight so it doesn't seem to be an option..

Your flight arrives at 23:40 - there is an ALSA bus to Oviedo at 23:45

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Your flight arrives at 23:40 - there is an ALSA bus to Oviedo at 23:45
5 mins is too short to exit plane, go though customs and baggage walk out the front door and find the bus.
The bus trip is 45 mins to Oviedo.
I would suggest a taxi to one of these. Just ensure the front desk is open late.

Try to get a taxi if you can. There is a hostel at Muros de Nalon Casa Carmina. Another option is a surfers hostal at Salinas. They sent a car out for us when we arrived quite late but it was arranged beforehand

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
Hi,
I'm planning on walking the Camino and arriving to Asturias Airport at 23:55, way too late for any buses. Anyone has any experience from 2018, about the hostel / hotel situation? I'm actually thinking about walking the 6-ish kilometres to Playa de Santa María del Mar and just crashing on the beach until the morning, weather permitting. May it rain I'd probably just sleep outside the airport in a sleeping bag until some of the first busses to Oviedo.

I stayed at a local hotel, Hotel Restaurante Marqués de la Moral, which cost an eye watering 85 euros. With hindsight, I wished I had got a taxi to Oviedo and stayed there instead.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I am starting El Camino Primitivo from Oviedo in 3 days. I will try to follow the normal stages and will attempt to do the Hospital route, if the weather permits it. During my research...
Hello to All !! My wife and I are looking at doing the Camino Primitivo sometime around the beginning of May 2024. We are both retired, in relatively good shape having recently completed a high...
Hey all, I would like to plan a Camino for my Easter holidays. I like the look of the Primitivo but as a complete first timer, I’m a little lost in all of the different options. The community...
I did the Camino Frances from St. Jean in 2022. I wouldn't call it life changing or anything that dramatic, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was so freeing to unburden myself of responsibilities...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back