• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Laundry in Roncesvalles

Cfran_sg

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (2022)
Hi, I’ll be staying at La Posada for the night, and I understand that I can do my laundry at the main albergue. Does anyone know if the laundry services in the albergue is self-service? And what would be the closing time for laundry to be done? Thanks

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
2019 there was the option to do laundry yourself aswell as pay someone to wash it in the machine for you. I'd assume things are still the same.
But no idea if there are any extra hoops to jump through when you are not staying in the albergue itself.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Be sure to keep a closes eye on how they wash and dry your clothes. During our first camino we asked them to wash the clothes but not dry since most items were new Icebreaker merino wool. I came down to check after the laundry was washed and the staff was loading everything in the dryer! Since then we try to wash and dry our clothes whenever possible. Bob

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Do you mean that Icebreaker merino wool should not be dried ?
I was not aware of this, and I use a collection of Icebreaker T-shirts...
I sometimes put my icebreaker and merino tops in the dryer but use a lower heat and keep an eye on things. I’m not sure what would happen with a super long hot drying cycle. Haven’t tried that experiment.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Do you mean that Icebreaker merino wool should not be dried ?
I was not aware of this, and I use a collection of Icebreaker T-shirts...
Personally I wouldn't want to take the risk. Low heat is no issue, medium likely fine too, but some as @Anniesantiago said some of the Spanish dryers get extremely hot and I would not want to risk it.
Edit: I've just checked the label and it's specifically says DO NOT tumble dry. Max washing heat 40 degrees

Be sure to keep a closes eye on how they wash and dry your clothes. During our first camino we asked them to wash the clothes but not dry since most items were new Icebreaker merino wool. I came down to check after the laundry was washed and the staff was loading everything in the dryer! Since then we try to wash and dry our clothes whenever possible. Bob
You have the possibility to decide wether to only wash your clothes (€ 3,00) or wash & dry (€ 7,00).

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
And, in addition to your second question: no, it is not self-service. The hospitaleros will put the laundry in the machine. It takes only 18 minutes, so maybe you can wait (if it is not too busy when much laundry is already waiting to be washed). You can ask the hospitaleros.
After the washing you can hang it at the washing lines outside the albergue or, if it rains, on the clothes racks inside the building. In that case: keep in mind the door will be closed at 10pm! We open the door in the morning at 6am.

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Zubiri was full early yesterday (by 2:30, according to some pilgrims who came to Pamplona today), but Zubiri opened up a municipal building just past the town for some pilgrims to sleep on the...
Within the past few hours there have been two stories on local news media reporting that the Guardia Civil have been successful in returning lost passports to pilgrims. One in Najera, the other in...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back