A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Le Puy Accommodations

Camino Badges

Marijane

Camino(s) past & future
future Le-Puy
Hello,
I am very excited for my first Camino!
My daughter and I arrive in Le Puy mid July. It was recommend to me to acquire the MiamMiam once I arrive and there I will find a complete list of current accommodations for along the route. I was going to book something affordable in Le-Puy for one night, then we set off on our walk with plans to book Gites a day or two in advance depending on how we fair with distances. I would like our stay in Le-Puy to have a bit of a taste for the camino atmosphere. Wondering if we can book in a Gites if we are just starting the journey or if that is frowned upon. Either way if you have a suggestions for a lovely place to stay would love to hear about it. Also would love some suggestions for places to explore in Le-Puy as we arrive mid-afternoon, giving plenty of time for experiencing the town. We love food as well so any suggestions of delish meals would be lovely!

Many Thanks in advance!

billmclaughlin

Camino(s) past & future
SJPP/Burgos 2012; Le Puy/SJPP 2013; Aumont Aubrac/Aire sur l'Adour 2014; Burgos/Santiago 2016.
Expect no frowns!

alhartman

Camino(s) past & future
2005 2007 Frances
2016 Leon to Santiago
Gîte d'Etape des Capucins --twice and very nice hostel type.
Chambres d'hôtes L'Epicurium - once, nice en suite.

Booking.com is a good source.
Bon chemin

Peterpilger

Camino(s) past & future
Via Jacobi, Schweiz
Via Gebennensis
Via Podiensis
We stayed here and had dinner in town:

Bon Chemin

TaijiPilgrim

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2011), Camino Frances (2015), Camino Ingles (2017), Camino Muxia (2017)
If you want to get an atmospheric taste of a camino, try the Grand Seminaire St. Georges, behind the cathedral. Simple. They serve a basic communal dinner featuring the famous Le Puy lentils. Places to see - St. Michael the Archangel's chapel and the Virgin statue and the cathedral. You can buy your MiamMiam in the cathedral store. If you can stay up late enough, the city puts on a free light show in the evening.There are cafes at the foot of the cathedral. A small one about halfway up on the left side had incredible salads. For a dinner treat, try the 5eme Saison. Bon chemin!

Marijane

Camino(s) past & future
future Le-Puy
If you want to get an atmospheric taste of a camino, try the Grand Seminaire St. Georges, behind the cathedral. Simple. They serve a basic communal dinner featuring the famous Le Puy lentils. Places to see - St. Michael the Archangel's chapel and the Virgin statue and the cathedral. You can buy your MiamMiam in the cathedral store. If you can stay up late enough, the city puts on a free light show in the evening.There are cafes at the foot of the cathedral. A small one about halfway up on the left side had incredible salads. For a dinner treat, try the 5eme Saison. Bon chemin!
Thanks so much for all the info :)
The light show sounds like a nice way to end a day of enjoying!
Cheers!

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 155 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 259 25.0%