• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Le Puy route...specific question

Time of past OR future Camino
Recent:Norte/Muxia- Spring '23
MadridWay- Fall '23
I'm planning to walk approximately 3 weeks of this route with two friends in June 2018. I'm sure we will fly to Paris, then take a train to LePuy, at least that's my thought. We want to walk at least as far as Moissac, possibly a little farther if logistically a different ending point would make for simpler transportation back to Paris. Have any of you ended this route in or near Moissac and if so, how did you go about returning to Paris?
P.S. Does three weeks allow enough time to walk this route at a rather leisurely pace?

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Does three weeks allow enough time to walk this route at a rather leisurely pace?

Hi Chris, it took me exactly 3 weeks from Le Puy to Moissac, including 2 nights in Figeac. I was walking fairly leisurely.
Jill

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Plenty of trains out of Moissac finished there once.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I'm planning to walk approximately 3 weeks of this route with two friends in June 2018. I'm sure we will fly to Paris, then take a train to LePuy, at least that's my thought. We want to walk at least as far as Moissac, possibly a little farther if logistically a different ending point would make for simpler transportation back to Paris. Have any of you ended this route in or near Moissac and if so, how did you go about returning to Paris?
P.S. Does three weeks allow enough time to walk this route at a rather leisurely pace?

We walked it in 17 days so 3 weeks will be perfect. We also stayed at the Gite Ultreia in Moissac and it is right by the train station. Rom and Aiden are very helpful and speak English. Easy connections anywhere in France. Enjoy and Bon Camino. Karen and Dayton

We walked it in 17 days so 3 weeks will be perfect. We also stayed at the Gite Ultreia in Moissac and it is right by the train station. Rom and Aiden are very helpful and speak English. Easy connections anywhere in France. Enjoy and Bon Camino. Karen and Dayton
Thank you for the "thumbs up" on our time frame and the gite recommendation near the train staion!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back