• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Le Puy to Moissac April/May 2012

spokes

Hi Members Just a note to introduce ourselves & thank you for the information gained to date.
My wife & I have a slightly different Camino history than most.
Time from work and distance from our home in Australia are our constraint.
We first rode the Camino Frances on folding Bike Friday's in April 2007.That's when we became addicted.
We rode the Via de la Plata route with excursions onto the Camino Portugues the following year.
My wife was always a walker and she came back in 2010 to walk Roncesvalles to Sahagun section while I went skiing in Japan.
Last year she returned and starting from Pamploma walked to Burgos then bused to Sahagun to walk to SdC.
After some trekking in Nepal last November I hope I am ready for for the Le Puy route.We hope to meet up with our daughter ,who may (visa delays) be working in Monaco by then, at weekends and some other Australians living in Millau when we get close.
Apart from those distractions we hope to get a credencial & walk as far as we can between 27th April and 20th May spending as much time as possible living in the moment.
Have just booked train from Gare de Lyon to Le Puy and will probably have lots of questions as departure day gets closer.
Spokes

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi 'Spokes'. My wife and I walked from Le Puy to Moissac Sep/Oct 2010. We returned to Moissac in Apr '11 and walked to SJPP and then on to Estella and served as Hospitaleros. We did Le Puy to Moissac in 17 straight days. Great trip, great food...different experience than Camino Frances. Our 'bible' was the Miam Miam Dodo book. Lots of ups and downs in first couple of weeks but beautiful. Moissac is a great place to stop because you can easily get a train back to Lyon. Be sure to stay at Ultreia Gite in Moissac, Rom and Aiden are great.
Enjoy. Dayton and Karen, London, Canada

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
We will be in Le Puy on 24th April and will start walking on 26th. We will commemorate Anzac Day.Join us if you're there then. Hopefully, we'll see you along the way. We are 4 slowish walkers so you'll probably zoom past us.
Sharon

Thanks Guys I was planning on buying the Miam Miam Dodo book in Le Puy.I have already bought Alison Raju's Way of St James France book for my Kindle but as someone else has written the maps are quite small.
We didn't stay in Estella in 2007 but had a very special night nearby at Eunate Refugio that I am sure you would have visited.After dinner the Swiss hostelaras took us and the 4 walking pilgrims into the 13th century Knights Templar Church for candlelit prayers of thanks. It was one of the highlights of our Camino Frances.
We are starting to look forward to the walk and from what you and others have said about the route it should be great.

Hi Sharon we won't arrive in France until the 26th but if we can negotiate the airport to Paris Gare de Lyon in time we should be in Le Puy early afternoon and hopefully ready to set out the next day.
We will certainly look out for 4 Australians along the way to Moissac.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, Planning Sarria to Campostela mid Sept, 2024. Both wife and I are 71 years old and from America. Will fly from Paris to Campostela. We are pretty active and estimate 10-13 miles per day OK...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
I have been planning my upcoming Camino using the Wise Pilgrim Frances app. Unfortunately, it has stalled at Burgos and will not give me any information beyond that city. I have tried...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
Hi, this is Nils from Tenerife. I'm excited to start my very first camino - let's see what it will bring! 😍 For me, this journey is very much like an inwardly guided shamanic ceremony, following...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back