• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Le Puy to Moissac aug/sept 2010

kolkarls

Hi, I'm a Norwegian planning to walk with my wife and another couple from Le Puy to Moissac.
In 2007 I walked from Burgos to Santiago, in 2008 from Porto to Santiago and last autumn from Oloron Ste Marie to Burgos via Somport, and would be happy to share my experiences from these routes if requested.
Any information, especially about the transfer from Lyon airport to Le Puy, would be appreciated :)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi kolkaris,
Le Puy to Moissac is a beautiful route, and is full of historic interest. I wish you well!!

From Lyon, leaving from the station Lyon Part Dieu there are quite a few trains each day that go to Le Puy, via St Etienne Chateaucreux. The journey seems to take anything from just over two and a quarter hours, to more than four hours, depending on how long you need to wait in St Etienne. I looked up the timetable, and the first train seems to leave Lyon at 7h19, but the next one not until 14h19. However, after that they seem to be more frequent, with the last train leaving Lyon at 20h58.
Margaret

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back