• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Leaving early.....

domigee

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2022 CF
doesn't mean you will necessarily have to upset the other people in the albergue!

Just to put new pilgrims' minds at rest and to clarify, after having read a few comments on other threads...

It can be done, quietly, without anyone noticing.
Just prepare your stuff the night before so you leave just carrying your rucksack and your sleeping bag. No ghastly torches in the night - even the red lights are a menace for other sleepers. No rustling of plastic bags. Just take yourself and your things out of the dormitory and do any last minute packing outside the bedroom area.

I have woken up to find whole groups of pilgrims had left (very early) without anyone of us noticing and yet we were packed like sardines!
I have also started walking very early without anyone knowing I had gone.

On the other hand, I have plenty of grrrrr.... memories of people making such a racket they would have woken up the dead! Soooo unnecessary.

So to anyone new to walking the Camino, don't worry, start as early as you wish ...just organise yourself the day before and leave the sleeping area quietly
Buen camino to all.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I love early mornings, so to spare fellow pilgrims, my wife and I always get private rooms when available, so we can pack, have a few breakfast items to get us to the first coffee stop.
Absolutely the best time of day for me is walking in the pre-dawn and experiencing the sun rise each day.
Some of my most memorable pictures were pre-dawn or sunrise shots on the Camino.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Left sjpdp in the dark and was at Orrison before daybreak. My 10 trek in pyreenes so know route very well. Had to nurse 2 lovely korean ladys who were on th before me to Orrison. Also done a night trek on mesete. Lovely moon walk from Hontanas to Fromista group of 12 with music etc. Still there in spirit and i dont like the mesete. Started 2 am so no bed that night. You only live once

Leaving early is easy, just needs a little planning the night before.

Most read last week in this forum