• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Leaving from Porto Oct. 8th or 9th

renegadepilgrim

Veteran Pilgrim and Traveler
Time of past OR future Camino
2010: Camino Frances, 2011: Santo Domingo de la Calzada (Hospitalera), 2012: Camino Portuguese from Porto, 2015: Camino Norte
Hello all....just popping in to see if anyone is going to be on the Way around the same time as myself. I'll be flying into Madrid/Lisbon on Oct. 5th, spending a few days with some Israeli friends then thinking about taking a train from Lisbon to Porto on Oct. 8th (or 9th) and start walking. Going to do as much of the coastal route as I feel comfortable with doing.

I'll be blogging as often as internet access allows. Planning to use the CSJ Guide, various maps I've downloaded and photocopies of Brierley's maps (though I don't plan to take them too seriously). Hoping to arrive in Santiago around Oct. 19th or 20th, get my tattoo, then start making my way to Finisterre and probably a bus to Muxia to visit the Little Fox House before heading back to Porto for a few days before heading home via Madrid. Those are my tentative plans...I like to leave some flexibility for the inevitable stuff that comes up. I do know this: I am in much better condition this time around and my pack will be much lighter too!

Keep an eye out for the American with an Oregon ((Heart)) patch, APOC Patch and Camino Forum Patch on either my pack or my hat...I'll be sporting an Osprey Exos 34 backpack in a dark green color. And if all goes well, you won't hear me first... :)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hey Renegade! Love Rebels! You will be very welcome at Foxy´s place. Just give me a quick message/e.mail when you get to S de C. Buen Camino and don't miss Fernanda in Lugar do Corgo between Barcelos and Ponte da Lima. She´s an angel, and a good friend. Jacinto´s wine is worth the blisters...
Tracy

Thanks Tracy! I might bus it from Finisterre to Little Fox House, depending on how I'm doing on time. The most I'd be able to stay is a night...would that be okay?

It looks like I am going to go on a wee bit of an adventure and try the coastal route to Vigo, which means I might be skipping some of the albergues on the inland route...still working out details, trying to find info and whatnot, but it looks like there's enough info out there to give it a go.

And here's to NO blisters or tendonitis on this Camino!!!! :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
hello both.
leaving porto 2/10.
brain picks please - Priss - more details of few beans let out of can to date and please spill the whole can!

Reb - i will walk the coast - are you saying there is a shortage of hostelries?
any other caveats?
my first Camino.
best wishes,
legsy

Would be happy to offer whole can, can opener y todo, but don´t quite understand the question...!
If you are walking the coastal route you bypass Fernanda. Rebekah, correct me if I´m wrong but choosing the coastal route was not one of your better decisions. Eh?
I personally loved this route (inland) and would recommend it to anyone. Really great people encountered all along (and cheap food and beer!) and it is not particularly challenging though the first few kilometers pit you against the mad Portuguese drivers....
Tracy

Legsy, if you were referring to my post...there is not as much infrastructure in the way of albergues on the coastal route. I found some useful information recently and have decided I am going to do it. Also, I can supplement with Couchsurfing if needed. Many people are happy to host a pilgrim! Already have a spot lined up in Vila do Conde. The coastal route I am referring to continues along the way up to Vigo before meeting up with the inland route. Not a lot of info out there but use Google to find it.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
thanks both.
Priss you seem to have at your fingertips "insider" info re bars, wine, personalities.........
just wondered what else you could offer plus a little expansion on your original.
my obscure metaphor relates to "spilling the beans" = divulge info. x

miguel_gp said:
Please don't give out too many beans to people, it could make sleeping in the Albergue quite unpleasant :wink:

I'll take gas over roncedores any day!!!! :)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everyone, I did the CF in 2022 and found the planning quite easy as there were albergues all the way so yiu can walk as much or as little as you please and there is always somewhere to stay. I...
I have a new copy of the guide to Camino Portuguese by Kat (I think) XX. My question is: is there anyone who is going to Lisbon/ Porto who could pop it in the Albergue municipal/ or use it and...
Barcelos was having a huge May 1 celebration when we passed through. There was a major unveiling of a sculpture titled Peregrina the following day—very big event. We weren’t there, so I lifted a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back