• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino from Porto Airport?

clearskiescamino

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Too many to mention...
I know I saw a post on the forum before about this topic but I am struggling to find it.

I believe there is a way mark at Porto airport - if this is the case, can I find the Central Route easily?

Many thanks

David

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
You can walk from the airport to the CP - get a decent mapping program and you’ll see that it’s only a few miles/kms from the terminal to the official route.

You can walk from the airport to the CP - get a decent mapping program and you’ll see that it’s only a few miles/kms from the terminal to the official route.

In OSM you can see two routes (brown dots). The first at 0.6miles is the coastal route but if you continue a little further on you come to the Central where the road swings north close to the motorway interchange.Central Route.jpg

In OSM you can see two routes (brown dots). The first at 0.6miles is the coastal route but if you continue a little further on you come to the Central where the road swings north close to the motorway interchange.View attachment 161244

Exactly! You’d sadly miss out on Porto, though

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I know I saw a post on the forum before about this topic but I am struggling to find it.

I believe there is a way mark at Porto airport - if this is the case, can I find the Central Route easily?

Many thanks

David
I live near the airport. You can certainly walk. The walk from the airport is what you would expect and it is probably a mile or so to Leça beach. That said I would take the metro to downtown Porto so you can experience the wonderful city. Then follow the arrows to the beach. Just my opinion

In OSM you can see two routes (brown dots). The first at 0.6miles is the coastal route but if you continue a little further on you come to the Central where the road swings north close to the motorway interchange.
That's not technically the Coastal, it's officially designated the Airport Variant.

There's a second way to get to the Central, by taking the cross route past the Lidador train station near Vila Nova da Telha :

Airport.jpg

Many thanks

David
As an aside, I hear Porto is wonderful to experience. I will stay there on my arrival night plus another night.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Many thanks

David
Hi David, I walked from Lisbon to Santiago in May. My Camino from Porto started though the city and then decided to continue on the coastal way. The turn off took us around the eastern side of the airport , we had to circumnavigate it for quite a few kms.
Sorry I cannot help anymore. I am sure if you can find a detailed map or someone else can help.
Bom Camino. Steve

Most read last week in this forum

My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...
I’ll be finishing the Caminho Português next month. Last year I wore Hoka Challenger 6 ATR shoes. I did have some blisters and foot pain, but a lot could have been due to the 30+km days from...
Hello, I lost my GoPro with all my pictures on the Camino between Pedra Furada and Aborim last week. Is there a lost and found in SDC? Any other ideas? Thanks and Buen Camino.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back